× MCAT & USMLE

Any Aug MCAT takers?

More
14 years 3 months ago #61500 by Doc201X

Originally posted by em:
I'm also taking the August MCAT. I bought the AAMC 3R-6R tests which have been helpful so far. What other practice tests (besides AAMC 7 and 8, I think $40 a piece is a bit excessive) out there would you guys recommend?
Thanks!

I'm buying 7 and 8 and yes, it's all a big rip off to me! :rolleyes:

How's it goin? I'm, focusing heavily on PS (Kaplan topicals, EK 1001 questiosn and review book, and the Conceptual Physics for reference text) and verbal for the next few weeks, while doing practice tests in BS in between. The EK verbal book (not the 101 passages) is already a HUGE help! :yes:

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #61501 by Doc201X
Thread's pretty quiet with the MCAT less than a month away. How's everybody doing? Me, I got a 26 on the first 2 EK mini MCAT's on Friday so I'm hoping I can continue to improve. I'm also behind in Physics since I'm going chapter by chapter through the Physics book I mentoned before (what a BIG, HUGE, TREMENDOUS help this has been. Why I didn't think of it before I'll NEVER know!!).

Chemistry, organic, and biology are just review but I'm a little behind in these too but not too worried. I work in verbal pretty much everyday since many schools weigh this are of the test more heavily than the others.

What about you guys???

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

More
14 years 3 months ago #61502 by som
hi ladies
yes, the big day is barely a month away. i'm trying to do practice tests/ques and still have sudying to do too. i did the free practice mact on the mcat web-site. is it 3R? i am improving.
good luck to all :wave:

More
14 years 3 months ago #61503 by PremedRN
Hey all, just thought I'd let you all know that I will not be taking the MCAT in August. I am not confident enough in such little time from when I got my April scores to study for August. It was a hard decision to make, but I would rather not retake it if Im not more certain that I could improve my scores significantly. As many of you know, I scored a 22N. PS 7 VR 7 BS 8. I didn't take a prep course, studied on my own, while taking 10 credits hours with 6 kids--which may have nothing to do with my score at all. I thought I studied well enough, but it must have not been. Anyway, good luck to you all!!!! :crossfingers:

More
14 years 3 months ago #61504 by som
hi premedrn
goodluck on ur plans. i saw that u had 10 credits of classes with 6 kids! that was a lot and mcat :rolleyes: ur performance must have been affected by all that-exams, hw etc. plus the kids.
are u taking it in april again? hope all goes well. maybe lessen the load then.
som

More
14 years 3 months ago #61505 by PremedRN
I'm applying with the scores I have. The worst any school can tell me is no. I figured I would take my chances, and if it doesn't work out this year, yes, then I will retake it in April with less a class load.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!