× MCAT & USMLE

Any Aug MCAT takers?

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #61518 by efex101

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #61519 by PremedRN
Anita,
By the sounds of it, it means that the average students that were accepted or matriculated had an average MCAT score of 27.

To find the percentiles, follow efex's link she provided.

More
14 years 1 week ago #61520 by Doc201X
Am I the first to post August scores? :D
Well I got the point I needed to have a shot at my state school and increased 2 points overall. So my score didn't go down, like it did from April 1999 to April 2004. And it didn't stay the same from April 2004 to April 2005.

So I'm OK with this progress, but MD/PhD outright is a VERY long shot at this point just based on MCAT score alone. Now I have to call my contacts, and see where I stand MD/PhD wise before having my app sent to them. :( Of course, if I get accepted, I could always take a leave in between year MS3-MS4 to complete the PhD. :)

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

More
14 years 1 week ago #61521 by PremedRN
I'm proud of you! Good Job!!

More
14 years 1 week ago #61522 by Doc201X

Originally posted by PremedRN:
I'm proud of you! Good Job!!

Thanks!!!

So, MD/PhD is a "no go" at the schools on my list now (all 2nd teir), MD only I should be OK. Now my thinking is if I'm admitted, I'll try to transfer into the program after my first year. :yes:

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

More
14 years 1 week ago #61523 by MTaylor
I know we discussed this in the distant past. But, what would be the advantage of getting an MD/PhD vs. MD alone? You can still do research, and become a pathologist, teach, whatever, with an MD alone. Is it easier to get grants n' such with a PhD? And is it "easier enough" to be worth the extra time and energy getting the PhD?

<a href=" www.coilyembrace.com " rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> www.coilyembrace.com </a>

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.242 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!