× MCAT & USMLE

Any Aug MCAT takers?

More
13 years 6 months ago #61530 by nbmom
Count me in! I am taking a review class, but until that starts at the end of May, i will spending evenings in the library working through EK physics and organic Chem, since those are my week spots and I want to work on that before I am on the princeton review schedule.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #61531 by mncamper
I'm in but a little behind the 8 ball. Lots of catch ing up to do already and I have just begun. AGH. I thought I would start with Kaplan but with the posts here it seems EK is the way to go first. I guess Ill see what works, good luck to the rest of you

More
13 years 6 months ago #61532 by Striving2succeed
I am going to take the EK Practice MCAT this Saturday...then I am starting with EK Chemistry and Physics and both of those 1001 EK books for these subjects...cuz my last attempt with MCAT Prep...ended in my getting behind in those two areas....next I am adding EK Organic Chemistry prep a few weeks later...and doing each EK OC Section twice in two week intervals...and I am also adding TPR OC Chapters to supplement this. I also plan to purchase the EK 1001 OC book and the 16 Mini-Exams to take during the summer...I have another Practice MCAT scheduled in the next two months. I am adding Biology a few weeks after starting Chemistry and Physics which should be ending before I begin Bio. I am also reading and going over all of the Bio Chapters in TPR Bio Sci book. I have planned to use EK 101 Verbal Reasoning for the Saturdays that I am not taking Practice MCATs. After my semester ends, I'll start two Saturdays before the MCAT, taking AAMC Mcats 3R, 4R, 5R, 6R, 7R, and 8R, and if I can get ahold of 9R by then...that would be excellent...I'm alternating MCAT test day, review day, MCAT test day, etc etc before the actual exam with the day before the exam and all Sundays scheduled for rest and relaxation.

I'll use my TPR Physical Sciences book when needed...didn't set it up in my schedule though...but I am sure I'll be referencing it a few times. I don't plan to wait until the 10 weeks or do the EK Study guide...cuz in case I get behind...I'll have plenty of time to catch up...so I am starting early so I can get to rocking and rolling on this MCAT Prep.

I also have a load of 13 hours of pure science...therefore I need to stretch all of my Prep out...between that as I have it scheduled...I pray that God strengthens me and guides me and allows me to accomplish my MCAT preparation and test score goals.

I believe that the schedule I made is pretty thorough but fits my school schedule pretty well.

~Perpetually Striving2wardssucess!<br />Philippians 4:13<br />I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

More
13 years 6 months ago #61533 by MomMD
Anyone else taking it?

President, MomMD<br />Connecting Women in Medicine - Welcome all physicians, resident physicians, medical students and premedical students!

More
13 years 6 months ago #61534 by wannabeDrJS
count me in, 1st time:) ill be in the lab doing research all summer, and hopefully studying as much as possible. I am mostly worried about verbal, it seems so random. Also, I have tooo many weddings Im involved with this summer~~~~

More
13 years 6 months ago #61535 by music7383
Hi all,
I am also taking the Aug MCAT. This is not my first time taking the MCAT and I'm anxious that I do well this time around. My study plan was to focus on physics and chem for the first couple of weeks of studying, because it is my weakness.
I am pretty bad at VR and was wondering if anyone had any approaches for VR?
Thanks and gluck!

No day but today....

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!