× MCAT & USMLE

Any Aug MCAT takers?

More
13 years 5 months ago #61542 by Eli
Wow, to think I started this thread over a year ago. Well I took the Aug 2005 test, and did not do so well. Took a few more grad courses, and tryed it again this past April...well did even worse. I guess a bad plan of action. I'm rejoicing now, regrouping and evaluating my status. I believe I have a beggining of a mental plan, but until its on paper, I won't attack it. I really need to think this time around thru, because apparently I did something wrong. I will share when I feel less sad, while talking about this. For now I'm trying to do non-science/non-MCAT things (which is very difficult) to recharge. And no I won't be taking it this Aug...not enough time to raise my score to like 10 points :tired: :banghead:
Good luck to all the Aug MCATers!

"The strength of our present state of mind will always be the master of our destiny" Bhante Wimala

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #61543 by nbmom

Originally posted by art:
hi there
please help!!
I have an undergrad degree in electrical engg and very little biology background (2 courses on human anatomy and physiology).
I used EK to prepare initially but after reviewing all the units, my practice test score was 8 in the biological sciences section. I don't know what to read to increase my score. All the other prep books (Kaplan, Barron's ) seem to have the same information as EK. I can't be 100% sure since I can't afford to buy all the other books. :-)
I have a couple of detailed books on anatomy and physiology but looking at the questions in the full length test I feel like I should be reading a biochemistry book.
I work full time so my study time is sort of limited. With 2 months to go for the MCATs I am definitely panicking
Please advice

Hey, I am not an expert but from what I have read and heard from friends, online etc, there isn't anything else you should be 'reading'since all the information you need is in that book,and 8 is a great place to start,....just practice, practice, practice, and STUDY the concepts areas you are answering wrong. Good luck!!!

More
13 years 5 months ago #61544 by Striving2succeed
How's the August MCAT Prep going anyone? Just checking back in...

~Perpetually Striving2wardssucess!<br />Philippians 4:13<br />I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

More
13 years 5 months ago #61545 by wannabeDrJS
taking august for the first time, feel soooo behind. Being in the lab is also annoying.....
:)

More
13 years 5 months ago #61546 by Striving2succeed
Just started really studying hard for the MCAT...I started studying mostly at night till about midnight for 2-3 hours a night...

Using ExamKrackers lectures...and the 1001 Questions...supposed to be getting Audio Osmosis from a friend soon...so hopefully that helps too...

Just took an EK Verbal Test from 101 scored a 9... :-( I think I have scored a 10 on one of my AAMC Practice exams...I have got to get a verbal strategy down...

~Perpetually Striving2wardssucess!<br />Philippians 4:13<br />I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

More
13 years 5 months ago #61547 by JRRSEhope

Originally posted by nfyie22:
I'm taking the MCAT again in August....and am scared to death!! I did not do very well after what I thought was a lot of studying for the April test. I have never been good with standardized tests and am obviously not doing well with this one!!! Can anyone help me out??? Any tips out there at all would be WONDERFUL!!! Thanks in advance!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!