× MCAT & USMLE

Any Aug MCAT takers?

More
13 years 5 months ago #61548 by JRRSEhope

Originally posted by nfyie22:
I'm taking the MCAT again in August....and am scared to death!! I did not do very well after what I thought was a lot of studying for the April test. I have never been good with standardized tests and am obviously not doing well with this one!!! Can anyone help me out??? Any tips out there at all would be WONDERFUL!!! Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #61549 by JRRSEhope
I too am retaking the MCAT in August. My April wasn't horrid, but not stellar either. 27S. So now I'm back reviewing every single thing - spending about 12 hours a day... fortunately I don't have any classes this summer otherwise this couldn't possibly work! But I figure I did average of 9 in April after only studying the one week of spring break - AND took it in the middle of midterms - yuck!

Major kudos for all of you retaking - we can do this!

More
13 years 5 months ago #61550 by littleacorn
I'm actually not retaking the MCAT this will be my first go around and hopefully I wont have to do it again.

I've been studying for about 2 hrs per day for 4 months solid. No excuses. I still have no idea what score I should shoot for as far as composites are concerned.

Oh! One last thing, I've been studying my old textbooks from my years in undergrad. (Bio, Chem, OChem, & Engineering Physics) Also, purchased 2 mcat prep books (kaplan & examkrackers) and TONS of flash cards and practice tests from the books and sites online.

Any other suggestions on other brush up material?

More
13 years 4 months ago #61551 by lhk0304
i've been a closet reader and decided that instead of just sitting here and reading the posts, that I should break out of my shell and share my thoughts (it'll probably be more of therapeutic that way... :wave: this is my 3rd time and hopefully it'll be my LAST :boggled:

i'm at that point, where all i can think about is studying for this exam.. i can't even focus on my work stuff because I'm so eager to get out of work so i can study :yes:

More
13 years 4 months ago #61552 by Mercury
Hello, I m in the Aug MCAT boat too and I am also begining to freak out a little. I have been trying to study 2-3 hrs like 4-5 days a week since july, and my first practice was a 21. I am begining to feel overwhelmed with it all. I don't want to have to take the April, so I know I need to keep studying, but I tend to zone out when I study. I am so sick of all this stuff. I just want to score well and go on with life hhahaha don't we all.

Well good luck to all

Live each moment as it was your last, life doesn't have a rewind button!

More
13 years 4 months ago #61553 by roadrunner
It is definitely panic time!!!!!! What kind of system is this? Torture. :banghead:

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!