× MCAT & USMLE

Any Aug MCAT takers?

More
11 years 8 months ago #61560 by Eli
wow this thread is really old!!!

and yet I am still here, 3 kids later and still planing on taking the MCAT!

"The strength of our present state of mind will always be the master of our destiny" Bhante Wimala

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #61561 by RitaHayworth
I'm also planning on taking the MCAT in May. Here is my problem...I am not motivated to study. I'm paying $1850 for a prep class twice a week plus tutoring and I signed a contract stating I would study 3hrs/5 days a week. I'm also taking Physics II and Physiology. I am not motivated. I've taken the prereqs over the last 4 years (taking 1 year off) and have forgotten a lot of information. I'm 38 and sit in a room with a bunch of young, single kids who regurgitate this stuff at once.

Me, I struggle to remember it. Biology is easier, but I'm truly worried for Physics and Chemistry. I love verbal reasoning. I know that the enormity of getting a good score is exacerbating depression I'm already struggling with, but I have got to get this turned around or I have wasted money for nothing. Its not like I'm not studying at all, but I'm no where near the 15-25 hrs/week they would like.

Any hints? Help!

More
11 years 7 months ago #61562 by VThopeful
I am planning to take the MCAT in May, also. I just took a free practice test at e-MCAT.com. They have more tests, questions and sections that you can pay for, which I will also do over the next few months. It is taken from real MCAT questions and when you are done, you can go back through everything question by question and it gives detailed explanations for the answers. It also asks you to do self analysis about why you missed each question. Its good to be forced to reflect like that. I found it very motivating. Good luck!

"Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." -Eleanor Roosevelt

More
10 years 8 months ago #61563 by farah 2008
I am still completing the pre-reqs but would like to start practing for the MCAT- fraggle what do you mean by the 3R and EK 10 week study, where can I buy the AAMC practice tests. any advice and I am scared!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!