× MCAT & USMLE

Step 2?

More
12 years 4 months ago #61654 by drpurple
I failed Step II the first time around after studying for 7 months when I was off from med school (volunteering 30 hrs/wk in my field). I filled my First Aid book with notes and continuously took Kaplan tests on-line. I overdid it. So, second time around, I gave myself about 6 weeks, 3 weeks during ICU and 3 during radiology. I used Crush Step 2 and USMLEworld.com (I think) for questions. I liked both better: Crush is more paragraphs, less lists. I liked the explanations better in USMLE world than in Kaplan. I did much better than I did even on Step I. It was mainly a change in attitude; instead of thinking during practice tests that I would learn by reviewing the answers, I pretended each practice was the real thing. I took time between finishing the test and going over the answers instead of going straight from one to the other. I also took breaks during both the practice and the real tests. Every 10 questions, I closed my eyes and took some deep breaths...so I was calmer, too. See how you do best when taking practice tests and transfer that to your real test experience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!