× Medical Specialties

Women in Urology

More
13 years 3 months ago #56933 by Hermione
Are you all out there? Any women in urology here? I'd love to hear from you!

"Any country that accepts abortion is not teaching the people to love, but to use any violence to get what they want."<br />-Bl. Mother Teresa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #95691 by UroAnon
8 years later, I echo...are there any women in urology here?

I'm a med school graduate and trying to get into uro with no success. Looking for stories of other women who have gone through it and what your varying paths were like. All responses appreciated:)

Best,

UroAnon

PS...about me. I am a 34yo woman who graduated from medical school in 2011. I started out life as a general surgeon but then discovered urology very late with low board scores and no AOA to my name. Needless to say, this has been a tough ride. I'm about to move on to another area in medicine that is less competitive, but before I go just wanted to see who was out there...

More
4 years 1 month ago #95929 by UroAnon
I'm back...its been a few months since that last post and I'd like to update for anyone who is following along or who might benefit from my experience. I got a Uro-1 spot, and I've been on the job for a few weeks. Let me tell you...coming back to residency after not being a resident is VERY HARD. VERY HARD. You feel stupid, you don't know the EMR, you make a ton of mistakes, you walk on eggshells, you have to get used to not having as much time to yourself as you did before residency, and you have no control over your own schedule. And if you are like me, and out of residency for several years, it can feel like an insurmountable barrier to being comfortable in your own skin.

I know other women who have been in similar situations, and they tell me it gets better. Me getting into a residency program was the hardest part, but sometimes when you are working your a** off and you feel like you are playing the world's worst game of eternal catch-up it doesn't feel that way:)

More
4 years 1 month ago #95931 by sahmd
Thanks for the update. I'm glad you got a spot, but sorry it's been a rough transition. I hope things get better soon!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!