× Medical Specialties

Anesthesiologists?

More
16 years 10 months ago #57010 by DrSleep
Hi everyone: :wave:
I was going to write some more and earlier, but I'm on bed rest (due to those two peanuts inside of me). My computer is on the second floor so if I get to it I usually see my e-mails and unfrequently I am getting to the boards. But wanted to let you know that if you have some specific questions and if you are actually seeing patients and want to know more about how the anesthesia would affect that patient just go ahead and post it.... and post it soon. I don't think that this babies will stay much longer inside of me. And after that....will there be life for me??? :eek:
I'll try to write as much as I can while on leave. Probably I'll write it first on my bed and transcribe it in a break that I am at the computer.
BTW, Happy New year to everyone and I hope that all your goals are achieved in this new year.
Dana EDD 2/12/03

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 9 months ago #57011 by tmjtyson
DrSleep,
I really enjoyed reading your description of what you do. I had not thought of Anesthesiology until reading your thoughts! I had a C section when my son was born. I remember the Anesthesiologist taking great care of me. He calmed my fears, and I think he was the one reason I kept my sanity. My C section was an emergency after my son's heartrate dropped to 47. This after my first son was stillborn at 7 months. I can say without a doubt the anesthesiologist was a big part of my delivery. I tell people all the time about how much he helped me. So from all the patients you may not hear from, a great big THANK YOU from me for all the hard work you do!! MT

More
16 years 9 months ago #57012 by mummedic
Hi,

Does anyone want to share with me their experiences having an epidural or other anesthesia...... it's for this piece.

thanks Sandra

More
16 years 7 months ago #57013 by MomMD
just bumping this up as I see someone had some questions about anesthesiology.

I recommend that you all try the forum search facility and you will find lots of old messages on various topics.
Sethina

President, MomMD<br />Connecting Women in Medicine - Welcome all physicians, resident physicians, medical students and premedical students!

More
16 years 7 months ago #57014 by lillian
When I had eye surgery years ago, I had a great experience w/ an anesthesiologist. He was very attentive, made sure I wasn't cold (as I was waiting in the operating room, it was set at the typical temperature, which is COLD), and generally was very caring. I've had other surgeries before and after, and thoses experiences were pretty much like this - stick the needle in, shoot in the anesthesia and never knew who put me to sleep. After the surgery, he came into the recovering and checked on me.
It's the extra care that everyone remembers, I guess.

More
16 years 7 months ago #57015 by SuzzyQ
Well, i have to say thank you too DrSleep also. You are right, we do take the physicians in your specialty for granted and I didn't realize it until after I had read your post. Several years ago I had an early miscarrage and had to have a D&C. At the time I didn't know what that was or what to expect adn of course I was traumatized by losing the baby. My Ob seemed in a hurry to get it over and was more concerned that i was paying out of pocket than she was with me. she didn't explain anything to me about what to expect. the only one who took the time to see if i was comfortable and to explain exactly what he was doing and what i could expect from it was the anesthesiologist. Thank you for reminding me what a differance he made and for giving me another option for residency.
emily

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!