× Medical Specialties

pediatric gynecology and adolescent medicine

More
12 years 9 months ago #57544 by nikarose
I was just wondering if pediatric gynecology was a subspecialty of pediatrics or gynecology. also, it is possible to just do gynecology without the ob part. how much gynecology do adolescent medicine people handle? thanks everyone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #57545 by TLC
I know nothing about peds but you can practice gyn w/o ob and w/ malpractice rate i think there have been many to opt for that. i know 2 mds in town that do gyn only - i think you would have to do an ob/gyn residency, or you could just do family practice if you do not want to do surgery - and i think you can do family prac. resd. and then add on a 1 yr. fellowship in gyn surg. i've thought about women's health but i don't think i would ever want to do OB, at least not with kiddos at home.

More
12 years 8 months ago #57546 by lovefamily
Dear nikarose,

pediatric gynecology is a subspecialty of Ob/Gyn. There are a few one to two year fellowship programs. Very few because it is not accredited by American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. You can also do peds and adolescent gynecology by experience without going through a fellowship.

-lovefamily

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!