× Medical Specialties

Family Practice

More
16 years 2 months ago #57682 by maggie52
Wondering what everyone's scope of practice is and what parts of the country you are in...( ie procedures, OB or not, hospital rounds or not, etc.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 month ago #57683 by theweebee
I'm in Upstate New York. No OB; we do hospital rounds (I personally wish we'd have the hospitalist group take over, but I'm out-voted by my group). I do moles/sebaceous cysts/skin tags/warts/basic suturing, also endometrial biopsies. Got good at sigs in training, but no scope at the office. Need to get trained in colpo's (didn't do enough inresidency to feel comfortable).

More
16 years 1 month ago #57684 by maggie52
I am from upstate NY originally...obviously did a lot of rotations w/ FP around there...you could
suggest what we have (one of you is hospitalist all week and never sees the office) and then you rotate...that way you get the best of both worlds without being bothered with calls/pages all the time

More
16 years 1 month ago #57685 by maggie52
I agree- that's why I'll drop OB someday

More
16 years 1 month ago #57686 by FPmommyto2
I'm in the SF Bay Area. I do OB, colpo's, skin procedures, EMB's, casting, ER stuff for my own patients, hospital rounding. I'd love it if could hand off all my hospital work (except OB)to a hospitalist - but its really frowned upon by my group.

Maybe I should move to Wisconsin - the money really sucks here and the cost of living is terrible. :rolleyes:

More
16 years 2 weeks ago #57687 by maggie52
I have interviewed at places that use a hospitalist system but I'd get nervous that I would lose my inpatient abilites...

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!