× Women Medical Students

Infertility and Medical School

More
7 years 7 months ago #84005 by TardyO
I'm about to start round #2 of Clomid. Hope we both get some good news. :) What are you going into?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #84039 by Muffin Top
I'm going into peds and am anxiously awaiting match day. As far as Clomid goes, I test this week...fingers are crossed big time.

We're going one more round and then are going to stop actively trying until we get settled with residency. Maybe we'll be one of the lucky couples that gets pregnant when they stop trying (or maybe the Clomid will pull through).

It's good to hear from another med student on Clomid. The lay people forums on Clomid/infertility drive me crazy with some of the logic :)

More
7 years 6 months ago #84684 by Project Doctor
Just wanted to say good luck to you guys! I'm a 4th year who struggled with infertility as well. After TTC for 1.5 years and going through 3 unsuccessful rounds of Clomid, my husband and I were taking a break due to the timing of intern year when we got pregnant naturally. Now I'm due during the fall of intern year. I feel so incredibly lucky, not only to have gotten pregnant, but also because my program is being incredibly supportive. I just wanted to share my story, because I certainly felt like it was never going to happen for us.

More
7 years 6 months ago #84685 by Melbelle
Muffin Top, your post made me smile. After probably 1.5 yrs ttc, I started Clomid. After 2 roundsI wasn't taking it very seriously, because I had pretty much decided that it wasn't going to work, and that nothing was really going to work ever. After trying for so long, I just didn't have any hope. Round 3 worked. I flew into a mad panic, since I really hadn't expected to be pregnant, and the timing wasn't great. Oh well.

I now have a beautiful 5-mo baby. She is awesome. It was all worth it in the end. Shoot, now I'm thinking I should extend my research year, get my PhD, and have 2 more! :)

More
7 years 5 months ago #85048 by Muffin Top
Congrats on the baby! We finished 3 rounds of Clomid with no luck. It's so frustrating sometimes because our infertility work-up has come back negative.

I'm enjoying the next few months without worrying about any of it and am going to go back to officially trying in July. Margaritas here I come :)

More
7 years 5 months ago #85173 by megboo
Melbelle, our babies are the same age :)

"Some of it's magic and some of it's tragic but I had a good life all the way."<br />- He Went to Paris by Jimmy Buffett

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!