× Women Medical Students

38wks and Step 2 CS

More
6 years 5 months ago #90190 by southernmd
Did you sign up to get an email if a date opens? Last minute dates open all the time, and I used that to get a date I wanted for CS. I can't remember how I signed up for that, but if that isn't what you are using - use it!

Good luck! Hope baby stays put until the due date!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #90191 by ZoeOrtega00
Yeah I did use that email thing but I receive the emails late. So I just have the schedule site open and if anything changes on the page it will notify me. The page reloads every 30sec.

Thanks! I hope he does too!!! Fingers crossed

More
6 years 5 months ago #90194 by drcrafty
I just took CS at 25 weeks. I was scheduled to take it at 34 weeks originally, which made me nervous because the testing center is 8 hours away from where I live (ugh long travel with large belly) and I wasn't sure how I'd be feeling by then (ugh eight hour test with large belly). I literally stalked the scheduling website (we're talking visiting 6 or so times a day) until I found a spot open that worked out better. I hope you can find the same!!

Taking it late 2nd trimester worked out fine for me. The two scheduled breaks were adequate (I did not drink much water that day, because normally I have to pee every 30 minutes--I figure it's just one day, a little fluid restriction is unlikely to kill me). It was a long day but you are moving and busy the whole time so I didn't really have time to dwell on whether I felt uncomfortable or whether it would have been easier in a non-pregnant state. I studied almost not at all. I don't feel I gave the best demonstration of my clinical skills, probably because of my lack of preparation and preoccupation with other important life events, but hopefully it was adequate to pass (although I guess I won't know for sure for three months or so). All in all, I'm glad I opted to take it sooner rather than postpone to give myself extra time to prepare. It's nice to have it out of the way and not have to worry about if it will be physically possible to take it later in pregnancy. I definitely did not want to still be worrying about it when I have a newborn.

Best of luck to you on whatever test date you end up with!!
Last Edit: by .

More
6 years 5 months ago #90201 by ZoeOrtega00
Hi girls!
Quick update. Changed my date to July 23rd so I will be almost 35wks. Wish me luck!

More
6 years 5 months ago #90202 by southernmd
MUCH better in my opinion. Good luck! I bet you will be just fine. If it makes you feel better - I was terrified during the exam, terrified afterwards, and then....turns out I passed just fine. If you feel like you did terrible - you probably didn't. Just don't forget to wear gloves/wash hands and drape the patient - and you probably didn't fail. LOL

More
6 years 5 months ago #90203 by ZoeOrtega00
Yeah I have been reading First Aid CS. I am having problems writing the PN in 10min. I have everything disorganized in my head... Ugh.. I have one full month to study.... Fingers crossed!

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!