× Women Medical Students

Step 1 Study Vent

More
13 years 5 months ago #25625 by berkleyite
good luck to you guys taking step 1. I am working on Step 2 PREGNANT!! :eek: I hope i do okay. i can't concentrate, i can't go too long without sleep and then if i do study one day without taking a nap, the next day i am shot. :goodvibes:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #25626 by plum
This is my last day of study. I think I am going to hit the glomerularnephritites (sp) because I always forget those. All I am doing tomorrow are my genetic disease/autonomic drugs/brain tumor flash cards, because those are quick.

I am SO glad I am going to be done with this thing and have a MONTH to just chill out. There are lots of people I know who are going to have no time off between boards and rotations, I feel bad for them. They won't be refreshed at all. And after my 4 week marathon I really wonder if putting in more time would really help all that much. You can only look at First-Aid so many times before you are numbed to it.

A friend who took it last year recommended bringing lots of high energy snacks and a caffeine stash. I bought one of those blak cokes the other day, I am bringing that.

I'll let you ladies know how it went, probably next week. There is going to be a gap in my internet access.
Ciao ;)

More
13 years 5 months ago #25627 by AnotherJen
Hey there,
I'm at the beginning of studying... taking step 1 sometime around July 21st. I decided that I needed the extra time and space to study and enjoy my daughter and husband before leaping onto the wards.

Has anyone used the book found at this site: www.mo-media.com/usmle/
there's a link to it from the MomMD medical student page, so I'd like to think that that means it's worth the $73.

I already have a zillion review books including 1st aid, step up, brs path, physio, immuo, various blueprints series, boards and wards series, clinical vignettes, high yield... you name it, I probably have it... mostly bought used from Amazon.

OK. Enough procrastinating for today. If I'm going to make it through biochem this week and start micro bio next week, I have to hit the books!

Good luck to everyone taking Step 1 this summer!!! and thanks for letting me vent. :hyper:

Jen

More
13 years 5 months ago #25628 by mrssd
Plum,
A warning on the blak coke--it has given some of my friends diarrhea (I would have done a personal experiment but I haven't been drinking caffeine with my pregnancy). Sorry! I just didn't want you to chug it down tomorrow and be sad. In my PR MCAT class they told us to try out our test day diet before test day so that there were no stomach upsets the day of the exam.
All that aside. GOOD LUCK PLUM!!!!

More
13 years 5 months ago #25629 by mrssd
Spur of the moment vent before I go and watch Sex and the City reruns…
I hate qbank. Yesterday, it was my friend and today it has forsaken me with horrible electron micrographs and questions about the location of cranial nerve nuclei and perineal spaces. I know I knew this stuff 18 months ago—where did it go?
Yet another upside down double loop on the roller coaster that is the USMLE step 1.

More
13 years 5 months ago #25630 by plum
Yah, the big D would be bad while taking step one, good advice Mrssd. Maybe I'll just bring one of those starbucks frappacino things, they don't bother me too much.
Thanks for the good luck wishes. I will let you all know how it went as soon as I have internet access, probably Monday or Tueday after the exam (FRIDAY, think good thoughts).
Love plum

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!