× Women Medical Students

Step 1 Study Vent

More
13 years 5 months ago #25631 by DrWuStar*
ug. :boggled:

how can this be? i swear, i know SOOOOOO much more now than i did when i took that first NBME exam. makes me think i should have taken the boards the day after my last med school exam and taken the low-but-passing score i would have already gotten without any studying and had 6 weeks of vacation. this sucks. 1 week to go. :weeping:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #25632 by docdocwhosthere
The people here are terrific... and we'll do it! My version of studying for the boards: I'm starting divorce proceedings after over a year of marriage counselling and 18 + yrs of being married to a man with ADD. Good for me! Stressful? You bet! I've got finals this week, plus a OMM practical, plus appts for the legal stuff. Not easy, but I'll do it. Thanks for all the great stories here. Somehow it's helped!

More
13 years 5 months ago #25633 by Leaf
Dr. Wu,
Same exact thing happened to me. Was shocked (!!!) by my NBME practice exam score after having done decent on our school's practice.

I only let myself feel crappy for one afternoon, now I'm over it....two more weeks to go.

We'll all get through this. Good Luck.
Leaf

More
13 years 5 months ago #25634 by plum
It is done! It was hard. I am glad I took it when I did. I think my review was fine (3.5 weeks) and I don't think studying any more would have helped me at all, so that is good.

Best of luck ladies. Take lots of snacks with you.

More
13 years 4 months ago #25635 by kiernin
I'm taking step 1 tomorrow. I have been studying for 2 months and that has been waaaaay too long. I have spent the past 2 weeks wishing I could move my test up just so it would be over with. I have gone through First Aid so many times that I'm numb to it, as another poster said. I had a lot of test anxiety early on but now I just want to be finished. I'm planning to get a pedicure this afternoon and then go shopping for snacks and lunch for tomorrow.

Good luck to those still studying. My heart goes out to those who are pregnant and studying!

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!