× Women Medical Students

Step 1 Study Vent

More
13 years 4 months ago #25613 by sugar
The day before the test you should totally be chilling out and trying not to think about it. You must relax and destress the day before the test - go get a pedicure instead of studying - or go to a movie. Maybe a low key perusal through firstaid - but nothing more. Do some yoga, drink lots of water and go to bed early. Be positive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #25614 by plum
Drey- Best of luck today, I am thinking of you!!!

To answer to the relax before the test: I already have splurged and scheduled a 1.5 hour massage the day before the test. I am staying with family and they are making me brain food for dinner (grilled salmon, veggies, rice, etc.).

I am off coffee due to developing GERD in the last few weeks, maybe moving, new job for the husband, cat gone at the parents for a few weeks and this dang test ARE getting to me a bit. It sucks but it is probably good for me. Pepcid AC and green tea are going to have to do! :eek:

More
13 years 4 months ago #25615 by ParrotHead81
Ahhh! Total lack of motivation! Why am I surfing the internet with 4 study days left until the big exam? I am so sick of having my nose in the books that I think I will actually welcome my surgery clerkship and it's long hours just to have human contact!!

Drey, I feel your pain! I took the 3rd TPR practice yesterday and did worse than on the first one! I know they make them harder, but my confidence took a huge blow! Right now I just wanna pass!!!!!!!!

Back to the wonderful fun that is First Aid...I'm gonna torch that Dam* thing next wednesday night! Sit back with a corona and watch it burn! :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #25616 by Drey
That's the publishing company's secret to sell more books next year. The first years won't have us to give them their books because we will have made them into a burning book bonfire. :cool:

Well, as I said in the USMLE forum, the test was pretty terrible, but everyone has been feeling that way, so if you walk out feeling awful, you're in good company.

More
13 years 4 months ago #25617 by ParrotHead81
I've heard from upperclassmen that everyone walks out feeling like they failed; But in the end most people pass. Oh what fun! :rolleyes: Yet, another wonderful hoop to jump through! Honestly, I wish someone had told me how much my self-confidence would suffer going through medical school. Just remember some of those hard questions are being screened, so if we all do poorly on them no medical student will ever see them again.

I think all the test prep publishers and the Med Schools just came up with the USMLE as a big Psychologial Test. If you don't crack under the pressure, they pass you. But in the meantime you spend a ton of $$$$ on books and waste weeks of a perfectly beautiful spring reading them :laughing:

More
13 years 4 months ago #25618 by KateBF
Try being 33 weeks pregnant and studying for this crap! I'm in total hell because I have no attention span, all I want to think about is baby, I can't get comfortable, I fall asleep on my books constantly, and on top of that my mind isn't working properly because it's been poisoned by progesterone!

Anyone else feel absolutely desperate for socialization? I guess that's why we're here. My husband is here studying beside me, but he just doesn't cut it in the social department these days. :) Ugh, this is torture!

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!