× Women Medical Students

tests

More
17 years 1 month ago #26225 by Claire
Dr Romano had his arm amputated by a helicopter blade?

How on EARTH did that happen?

Excuse me for saying this, but I really think it serves him right... he's such a nasty little man, doncha think?

A famous Dr Romano Quote:

"That's why I prefer my patients ANAESTHETIZED"- to Lucy the intern, after listening to a sweet little old lady ramble on about her life story.

My fave episode was the one where he rocked up to the OR loaded to the eyeballs on Thanksgiving, and was so obnoxiously dangerous and insistent on operating that Peter (what a hottie!) had to knock him out, and then they took a blood sample from him while he was unconcious.

Although at times he has shown a glimmer of a human streak (such as the episode when Lucy died) he has in general been a giant meanie to EVERYONE, including his patients.

SO.... if his arm is gone and he can't operate anymore, it may be a blessing in disguise.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #26226 by glennvally
LOL Claire!
Nice to see another ER junkie...SOOOOO glad the new season has begun :)

Val

More
17 years 1 month ago #26227 by futr_babyDOc
We just finished our 1st week long block of exams at NYCOM. I know EXACTLY what you mean when you say that you can't possibly know everything. It also seems like the professors always find a way to pull a question or two out of God knows where.

Overall, the week was OK though. I'm glad its over, and its time to focus on the new stuff. I'm already behind.....let me get off of this computer and go study. Good night everyone!! ;)

More
17 years 1 month ago #26228 by Ashley S
You know that little mantra everyone tells you over and over at the beginning of med school...It's a long marathon, not a short race...

It is SO true. You will have good weeks & bad. You will ace tests :) & fail tests :( (Well, maybe not everyone will fail...) But, if you try your best, you can do it! At some point, everyone has a low point. Try not to take it too seriously, but still work hard. There were times as an M1 & M2 that I thought I couldn't take it anymore, but I always muddled through. The secret? Good friends in your class. It is great to connect with people that know exactly what you are going through! :D

Remind yourself that if it was easy, anyone could do it. But, YOU are special. YOU were admitted to med school because "they" knew you could do it. Also, constantly seek tips from your upperclassmen. They can be real lifesavers. Find out as early as you can the "tricks" to your classes. Examples include: classes that rely heavily on old tests or certain review books. Some teachers at my school use questions straight out of Pre-test or BRS books! I cannot overemphasize the importance of old tests :D

Good luck!! ;)

"Give what you have. To someone it may be better than you dare to think." --- Henry W. Longfellow

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!