× Women Medical Students

2nd Year Advice

More
12 years 3 months ago #26724 by merri
This is kind of a general question...

If you had to do 2nd year over again (god forbid) - what would you do differently?

Do you think certain review books (ex: first aid, rapid review path) - would be helpful at the beginning of the year/along side of course work and would also be good later for boards?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #26725 by mrssd
Don't spend the whole year worrying about step 1. Take your time; learn the 2nd year material right the first time so your step studying is simply a review. And don't second guess yourself--make a plan for your studying, if it isn't working then change your plan but don't change just because someone tells you what he or she is doing. Success in medical school is an individual process.

More
12 years 3 months ago #26726 by merri
thanks - your advice is so true...

I'm not worried about boards,....yet. Just hoping to save some money on books and hopefully be a little more efficient. I'm more concerned with figuring out when I can have a baby without failing out and still being able to take boards ;)

I feel like I've (mostly) figured out my study style - so at least I know where to start. I'm not a crammer... and I need repetition (which is a great feat in med school!). I have not found a great study group - and realize that I have to study on my own - and I can review with certain people. I just got tired of being around people who were so convinced that they knew everything, insisted on explaining, and then were completely wrong (and worse yet, couldn't admit it...)!

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!