× Women Medical Students

Match Day Looming!

More
13 years 7 months ago #27248 by Cabinbuilder
ARRGGHHH!!!! 2.5 hours into the scramble amd I have heard NOTHING. :boggled: I told my husband we may be delivering pizza's somewhere, anywhere, as long as its warm. I will keep you aprised if I find out anything.

Thanks for listening. :banghead:

LECOM Class 2006
Osteopathic Family Practice Resdincy 2009
Locum Tenens: Urgent Care/Rural Medicine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #27249 by sugar
Oh my god I totally know the feeling. I sat down at my computer with fax cover sheets, ERAS pulled up, printed the list and started emailing and calling. After 20 minutes of busy signals and noone answering I just sat there staring at my computer and looking at my two incoming lines. Finally after 1 1/2 hours 2 programs called me and were interested. Then 30 minutes of nothing. It was terrible. I thought it would be hustle and bustle. I just stared at the phone and my mom (who is helping me) just stared at me, staring at the phone. Then my dad came home and stared at me staring at the phone. It was a good time. I don't recommend the scramble to anyone (except one or two exboyfriends!). I finally got a spot at U of Az in surgery prelim. AUGH! I hope you are securing a spot right now Kathie!!!

More
13 years 7 months ago #27250 by Cabinbuilder
I'm glad for you sugar. I, too, applied for a position where you got in. I have not heard one single word and I think I am basically screwed because I did not take the USMLE as an osteropathic student. So in reality I am only one tier up from an FMG. Crap, I finally stopped crying after 2 hours of agony and my husband making me crazy with his incessant questions that just seem pointless. I vowed not to get this way this morning and read MOMMD2B's diary to see how she is doing and to reflect on the fact that THIS IS ONLY A JOB and things definitely could be much much worse. I made my husband stay home from work to deal with the kids, it's just been an exhausting day but being a mom never stops and sometimes you just need a break from all the crap we put ourselves through. My school tells me to at least wait a day before really fall off the cliff. Hugs to all, this scramble thing is for the birds. :goodvibes:

LECOM Class 2006
Osteopathic Family Practice Resdincy 2009
Locum Tenens: Urgent Care/Rural Medicine.

More
13 years 7 months ago #27251 by sugar
the scramble totally sucks. I think that your school is right - in a few days things will cool down and there will still be spots to scramble into. I think my USMLE scores made the difference for me. About an hour into the scramble I just started emailing my USMLE scores to programs. I tested really well so it kind of sucked them into contacting me. Everything will work out the way it is supposed to. I know what you mean though about all of the questions from well-meaning onlookers!

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!