× Women Medical Students

pregnancy in 3rd Year

More
12 years 2 months ago #28099 by Emily2651

Originally posted by docE:
How did other people's families respond to having kids during school?

My family and my husband's family are so elated, they've become a little deranged. They were a bit skeptical when we first explained that we were trying (and having trouble, and planning for IVF -- we wanted their emotional support and prayer through that experience, so we told them what was going on), but once I said the magical words "year off", they've been our cheerleaders.

The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea. -- Isak Dinesen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #28100 by Baby Einstein
I'm due December of 2nd year too. tmom, I'm like you, only one year later! It was going OK but I'm starting to be really tired now. With my first, I feel like I slept very little in my third trimester, from being so uncomfortable, but this time I can't get enough sleep. It must be from running after my 2-year-old all the time, or never getting the chance to go to sleep too early (he's down at 8:30 - oh how often do I want to lie down at 7), or to sleep in past 7:30, or to even take a nap on weekends. I'm exhausted. I'm curious to hear how you all managed to be pregnant while on rotations... Anyway, congrats to all the pregnant moms and new moms!

More
12 years 2 months ago #28101 by Drey
tmom--I was pregnant for half of third year and it was totally OK.

My mom was thrilled, but my dad took awhile to come around. I had to go over in detail why now was a better time than any other, and he's pretty logical, so once he saw it that way, it was oK

More
12 years 1 month ago #28102 by faus
Hello guys, reading what you guys are saying. When is the best time to be pregnant. In the first two years or in the last two during rotations. It looks like you stand a lot during rotations and when you are pregnant that makes it tough. I am MS1 and just wondering when is the best time. For me I just don't want to be pregnant around taking my boards, that is my main concern. I would want to be pregnant before or after the boards, but it looks like the 3rd year rotations too will kill me. So really I am confused. Most people think getting pregnant your first year/second year is worst. I know there is no ideal time but which is kinda close to ideal

More
12 years 1 month ago #28103 by Drey
I took the boards (step 2) pregnant. It wasn't bad at all. I figure it's much better than taking the boards with a newborn!

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!