× Women Medical Students

p=md?

More
16 years 1 month ago #28385 by Beckie
Hi Vanessa

I was wondering if someone goes for P=MD, does that mean they can still get into a residency like diagnostic radiology?

p.s.
Thank you for the books!! :boggled:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 month ago #28386 by rockfever
i don't know. from what i hear third year rotation grades and board scores are looked at more than grades from the first two years. some schools don't even have grades for those two years. so how do you compare students from schools with and without grades? the boards. so hopefully if i concentrate more on udnerstanding rather than memorization that wlll help on the boards. i think this is healthier than stresssing over grades. for example i was stressing over a test that i took where i made some really dumb mistakes. i got a sick feeling whenever i thought about how many i got wrong. however when i looked at my average, that particular class isn't curved so i would have a honors grades right now because of my average. why on earth was i stressing over one test?
beyond that, if i can't get into radiology then i have to figure that's not the field for me.

More
16 years 1 month ago #28387 by Beckie
Hi Vanessa
Thanks for the reply!! I know how you feel about stressing about a test.

Take care,
Beckie

More
16 years 1 month ago #28388 by Ashley S
Interesting...at our school everything is numerical. No P's. But many of us feel that "passing" is enough. You just have to pick what is most important to you.

"Give what you have. To someone it may be better than you dare to think." --- Henry W. Longfellow

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!