× Women Medical Students

First day back!

More
12 years 1 month ago #28529 by Emily2651
Sorry to hear about your sick little one, plum.

I had a rocky re-entry too (after a quarter off for pregnancy complications). After two great days back on the wards -- doing a general medicine sub-i -- I'm back on freakin' bed rest, this time for preterm labor.

I can't catch a break here, I swear.

The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea. -- Isak Dinesen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #28530 by Baby Einstein
:laughing: I'm slightly overwhelmed and oh so sleep deprived!

More
12 years 1 month ago #28531 by Emily2651

Originally posted by Baby Einstein:
It will all be worth it when you hold your little one.

I'm sure you're right! I can't wait.

More
12 years 1 month ago #28532 by ketd28
Surgery is a tough rotation to be on when you have an infant. My experience is that they don't care about your personal life. Although your child being sick is a legitimate reason to be absent they may hold against you. Work extra hard to earn their respect and good graces.

More
12 years 1 month ago #28533 by plum
Yeah, you are right. They don't care. It sucks. I am usually a very good student and will continue to be but...I am counting the weeks until I am done with surg. I am feeling very happy about my career choice of psychiatry. It is a more empathetic profession.

Emily-sorry about your situation. I know the "can't catch a break" feeling. How many weeks are you?

What are you doing about time off after the babe? I know we both WERE in the same year but I am now a year behind due to my maternity leave.

More
12 years 1 month ago #28534 by Emily2651

Originally posted by plum:
Emily-sorry about your situation. I know the "can't catch a break" feeling. How many weeks are you?

Right at 30 and starting to relax. If this kid comes early, he's got more than a fighting chance at this point. What a blessed relief!

Originally posted by plum:
What are you doing about time off after the babe? I know we both WERE in the same year, but I am now a year behind due to my maternity leave.

I'm right there with ya. I'm taking leave this spring (who are we kidding -- I've been on leave all year!) to enjoy the kiddo. Then I have a research fellowship for the next year. Graduating in 2009. Theoretically. At this point, I hesitate to make any predictions beyond my plan for breakfast, to be honest.

Psych, eh? I'm planning IM --> nephrology.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!