× Women Premed Students

pre-med mom stress

More
9 years 11 months ago #72206 by LessInteresting
I'm in a similar situation. I already have my bachelor's degree, but I'm going back to finish pre-med requirements. I'm 22 and I have a 19 month old daughter and a 6 1/2 week old son. My husband is working and going to school full time. My job is babysitting my cousins, so I'm able to make some income and stay at home. It's nice, but doing that makes it hard to take certain classes! I mean, you can drop your own kids off at a sitter, but a babysitter dropping off the kids she babysits at a sitter...??? That's weird. But, reading what everyone else is going through has made me realize that I've got a nice thing going...income, being at home most of the time, and being in school :)

I figure that learning to strike this balance is a necessary baptism by fire needed to survive as a MomMD. They say they want a well rounded applicant...what's more well rounded than learning to balance everything? Maybe I'm naive, but I think it will enhance our ability to be good physicians. Good luck to you all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #72480 by Jackie
Hi, I am right here with all of you. I am 26 with a 2 year old in my junior year as a pre-med. I go part time and work part time. My husband is in school to but he is almost done. You are not alone, those feeling of guilt are what all of us are having. We are moms who know what we want out of life. This is the hardest thing we will all do in our lives, but all of us will be so much more happy at the end when we are doing what we have been dreaming about. Don't let anyone make you feel like its the wrong decision!

More
9 years 10 months ago #72481 by Jackie
Can I also just say I have a huge grin on my face because i have found all of you who are just like me! All of a sudden, I don't feel so alone

More
9 years 10 months ago #72490 by QueenCandiss
The only advice I can give about the volunteering, shadowing, etc. to boost your med school app is one word: SUMMER! Honestly, that is the only way I found to fit extra activities in without going absolutely nuts. Even if you only volunteer an hour or two a wk during the summmer at least you did it. Good luck to all of you!

More
9 years 3 weeks ago #76565 by Mariela
Hey sleepless in Dekalb IM sleepless in Cobb! Do you live in Georgia??

I know exactly how you feel, very very stressed and wishing i could spend more time with my child. I really do hope that everyone of us who is doing this ends up with a happily ever after because I know we will deserve it.

More
8 years 11 months ago #77138 by JazzyMD
Wow I thought I was like the only young mother that was in school. I swear I had some idea in my head that all women doctors put child bearing off until they were well into practicing.

Jazmine

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!