× Women Premed Students

over 40..... go PA or DO????

More
7 years 2 days ago - 7 years 2 days ago #84779 by Doc201X
One more thing, it's harder to get into PA school than into either an MD or DO program.

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com
Last Edit: 7 years 2 days ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 days ago #84780 by newmommdphd
PA school, hands down. A much more humane route of training and work. I've never heard that it's harder to get into PA school than an MD or DO program. Where did you find that, Apop?

More
7 years 2 days ago #84784 by efex101
No kidding, medical school is one of the hardest graduate schools to get into I thought...

More
7 years 2 days ago #84791 by Doc201X
I can't recall where i got that info from, whether it was something published by one of the national organizations of PA's, a PA schools website, ect. But after considering it myself and looking at what the requirements were at that time ( maybe 5 years ago), it wasn't a difficult conclusion to draw.

At the end it may just boil down to percentages of folks admitted given that there are far more MD programs than PA programs. So it stands to reason that the fewer the seats, the harder to is to get one.

www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

More
7 years 2 days ago #84792 by Doc201X
And one more thing, hard is relative.

www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

More
3 years 7 months ago #96026 by mommamd
I too am a mother of 5 and over 40. I struggled back and forth about going back to school and was even embarrassed about telling people I wanted to be a doctor. when I finally did I heard that person say" why would you wait that long to go back to school?" ..... I am more excited and ready to go now after reading your question. Good luck!!!!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!