× Women Premed Students

Advice??

More
5 years 8 months ago #91945 by NatPfeiffer
Any advice for a mom of two who wants to become a psychiatrist? I am in grad school studying psychology and I have always loved science and medicine. When I decided to go back to school, I struggled with guilt about not having enough time for my two kids. Now I am just trying to stay on track with grad school requirements and the prereqs for med school. Does anyone have any advice that will help me deal with the uncertainty of medical school admission? I just don't know how I will do on the MCAT. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #92171 by Slidell
I am a single mother, and I think the best thing is to not give up but take out a little time every now and then for bonding with your children. The admissions process can be very tough, but as long as you have everything in order then you should be fine.

Please check out my blog: <a href=" www.aspiringminoritydoctor.com " rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> www.aspiringminoritydoctor.com </a>

More
5 years 6 months ago #92361 by NatPfeiffer
Thank you so much for your reply, Slidell. You are right that I need to make sure I still bond with my kids. They are more important than making perfect grades every step of the way. I will try to do better!

Good luck on your journey as a single mother. What a great impression you are making on your child and others!

More
5 years 6 months ago #92365 by Slidell
Thank you, and please don't think that you need to "do better". You probably are already doing an excellent job! I'm sure your kids will appreciate your sacrifices as you get older. Just breathe and take it one step at a time :-)

Please check out my blog: <a href=" www.aspiringminoritydoctor.com " rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> www.aspiringminoritydoctor.com </a>

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!