× Women Premed Students

Organic Chemistry I and Lab in Summer

More
11 years 3 months ago #30276 by Empi
Thank goodness for the ACS finals. I rocked out a 96 saving me from getting a C in orgo.

I couldn't take lab over the summer, I had way too much going on with my family but I'm having trouble fitting it into my fall schedule. I am trying to keep my orgo fresh in my head for the mcat or else I'd be freaking that I will have lost all of my orgo for lab.

Yes, a B in Organic is like an A for anything else. Dental-mom, you will rock dental school.

I will be taking at least an extra semester of school. I want to take a few upper level courses and it will give my youngest the extra year it will take to move up to middle school (making the logistics of getting my backside into Philly easier.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #30277 by VThopeful
Thanks for the encouragement. I am feeling a little better about things. I am winding up my Lab (last class Monday), and filing the AMCAS this week, even if its not perfect.

"Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." -Eleanor Roosevelt

More
11 years 3 months ago #30278 by Dental-Mom
Hey ladies!

I scored in the 74 percentile on the ACS!!!! That means I got a 93 on the final for the class! yeah! I still ended up with a 88.5% in the class--a cool "B" that feels just like an "A".....wow! I'm so happy! My professor emailed me my score and I still can't believe it!

It has given me an incredible confidence!

I'm just now given up my minor in nutrition to free up time in the spring to study for the DAT--which I want to totally kill and get a high score.

I've been spending lots of time learning how to take these standard exams. I was not a good exam taker.

I'm starting Biochemistry tomorrow morning, and Microbiology and the lab Tuesday (the class already has 40 pages to print, read, and bring to class)...and I also need to take a boring freshman level English class.

I wish you all a great semester and remember to quickly learn from mistakes, cry a little, take a brake and jump on wild horse again. It will pay off soon.

Xoxoxo....I feel like a cowboy already!

Dental Mom<br />Determination: You don't know what you can do until you try.<br />Applying this summer<br />Dental school 2010!

More
11 years 3 months ago #30279 by futuredrandwife
Wow they don't give you a B+ for an 88.5?? You did EXTREMELY well in organic- good for you!!!

More
11 years 2 months ago #30280 by VThopeful
Congratulations to everyone! We made it through the summer. I had my final on Wednesday. I had come down with a cold the night before so I was very befuddled, but I think I did fine. I am so glad to be done!!! Enjoy relaxing over the next little while before the next round starts.

"Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!