× Women Premed Students

Organic Chemistry I and Lab in Summer

More
11 years 4 months ago #30270 by Empi
A B is nothing to be ashamed of. I know several doctors that got C's in Organic. I have two B's and I hope I can pull off an A in lab.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #30271 by Dental-Mom
Empi you can do it!!! For the Orgo Lab II my chem prof/advisor will design a dental oriented independent lab just for me!!!!!!!!!!!! How cool is that?????? I just found out yesterday! I AM also taking Biochemistry in the Fall! :tired:

Dental Mom<br />Determination: You don't know what you can do until you try.<br />Applying this summer<br />Dental school 2010!

More
11 years 4 months ago #30272 by VThopeful
So good to hear the updates. I, too, am surviving. I just had my final for term one on Thursday; grades will be posted Monday. I am expecting an A, though the final was harder than I expected. It is definitely intense. Second "semester" starts Monday, but I am enjoying a nice 3 day weekend break in between. I can tell that I would enjoy the material if I had time to do anything else other than just try to understand it from day to day. I am also taking Biochem this Fall, hoping that will feel a little more relaxed after the summer intensive. Good luck everyone.

"Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." -Eleanor Roosevelt

More
11 years 3 months ago #30273 by VThopeful
How is everyone doing. I am sick of this. Really, really sick of it. I am discouraged because I feel like this is sort of a test, that I need to prove I can handle the intensity of the summer class, but I feel like I have so much working against me. I have an hour drive each way to class, so I am spending $$$ on gas, which, since I have been not working, is a major stress on our budget. We moved this summer, to a house that was cheap but needs work, which is supposed to be happening now. I am trying to file my AMCAS, but not really getting it done (though I am close!), And tonight, when I asked my husband for help figuring out how to get things done, he basically admitted that he's been resenting me and my "cost" to the family in terms of time and money. He also said that if I want to go to med school I should be able to do intensive Ochem, file my AMCAS and find a job all either in the time when I am already at class or when the kids are sleeping. No wonder I feel like I need to prove myself-I DO. Sorry for such a long post; just needed to vent. I know that, in general, life is good, and despite the feeling of struggling, I am carrying an A in Ochem without putting in mega hours (bc I don't have them).

"Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." -Eleanor Roosevelt

More
11 years 3 months ago #30274 by SW to MD
VThopeful- it is hard when things get crazy, b/c it feels as though you are being pulled in 50 equally important directions. :banghead:

If the house and job can wait out OChem and the AMCAS, let 'em slide. I don't know how old your kids are, but the strategy that works for me is to get them moving towards bed 1 hour before bedtime, read each a quick story, then have them look at books in bed (5,3,17 months). While they are settling in, I retreat to the computer to work on applications.

Congrats on the progress in OChem! Hang in there and take comfort in the fact that you are moving forward. :grouphug:

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy - MLKJ

More
11 years 3 months ago #30275 by Dental-Mom
VThopeful, sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time managing. I could NOT handle not having support from my husband. He doesn't care how much extra work he has with the kids (9 and 5). I admire you so much for having to deal with so much and still keep an A in Organic Chemistry! I hope things get better and work out. Take care and be very proud of yourself.

I too have a lovely 1 hr commute each way to school. And $5.50 a day parking 4 days a week.

I took the ACS final this morning and did very well. I'm expecting a cool "B" in the class and for someone with few learning disabilities like me a "B" feels like an "A"!!!!! Yay!!!

I'm 100% done with the lab and the lecture. I don't know what to do with myself these next 17 days I have off...REST I guess!

Since Spring brake my study partner and I have been talking about what reward are we going to give to ourselves for taking these 2 classes all summer and so far nothing we have thought about will do it...

Dental Mom<br />Determination: You don't know what you can do until you try.<br />Applying this summer<br />Dental school 2010!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!