× Women Premed Students

Interview Tips? Please help!

More
17 years 2 months ago #30378 by glennvally
Congrats Lori, good luck!

And Linda, thanks for the great info...I agree, Sethina should build a page for your paper. Just email it to her and see what she thinks.

Happy Sunday~ Val

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 2 months ago #30379 by spacecadet
Linda, that was a great post! I'll see if we can find a way to get your document posted on the website somewhere.

I have one other suggestion (which I think someone already mentioned but I want to re-itterate). Have LOTS of questions for the interviewer. I had interviewers who only wanted me to ask questions. You need to have some ready - write them down if you need to. I'd suggest having 8-10 questions ready, and don't be afraid to use the same ones on multiple interviewers. Ask about the students, life on campus, specific aspects of their program, etc.

Also, go over your own application and secondary the night before. Make sure YOU know what's on there and that you can talk about any aspect of it.

Finally, if something goes horribly wrong at your interview (which it shouldn't, but if it does), then tell someone right away and they can arrange a new interview for you before you leave. I have heard some real horror stories, but 99% of the time, I think things go pretty smoothly.

Pam

More
17 years 2 months ago #30380 by EemaMD
Actually one of the things I liked most about Loyola (Stritch SOM) was that they had two interviews set up ahead of time. Those interviewers "scored" you right away and someone in the admissions office was there to receive the scores (even on a Saturday!). If there was a large discrepancy between the two "scores," the admissions office would set up a third interview right then and there.

They explained why by stating that since there were occasions where some people didn't "click," they didn't want to eliminate anyone based on one clash of personalities. Pretty cool I thought...

Linda

P.S. Sethina & I have emailed each other and I've sent her the (not too much) longer version of my little interview talk. Don't know where it will be posted, but it should show up somewhere soon. Glad y'all liked it.

More
17 years 2 months ago #30381 by angel
Linda,

Thanks for posting that informative piece! I think the best part was: "and don't be weird" ...I think I need to work on that part.

:D excellent advice!

Angel

More
16 years 9 months ago #30382 by Jumpu
Bump for myself and anyone else who can use it! ;)

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!