× Women Premed Students

Any one taking the American Chemistry Society ACS Finals?

More
11 years 5 months ago #30591 by Dental-Mom
So I have an A in the class so far. Today I took the ACS standard test for Chem II, and I could quickly go from an A to a cool B in the class. It's such a long exam and it covers everything. They assumed you won't know everything, and it's by percentile and then it's curved....it was hard to just guess on the stuff my professor didn't cover :confused:

Isn't a weird concept? You take a test that is made knowing that you won't know it all, but yet you have to score high? One of my classmates scored in the 85% the highest in the class so far....I'm aging waiting for the grade :weeping:

Dental Mom<br />Determination: You don't know what you can do until you try.<br />Applying this summer<br />Dental school 2010!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #30592 by CFMed
I am taking the ACS exam for Organic Chemistry in June. I am a little nervous about it, but I've had a really tough professor all year and I feel like there's no way this test can be harder than one of his...but we'll seee...

Good luck! If you have an A in the class I bet you know more than you think....

More
11 years 5 months ago #30593 by Dental-Mom
I'm taking "Organic I" in the summer (8 weeks) I'm looking forward to it, but not so much the ACS final. I know it's a good practice for the DAT that I'll be taking next year, by then I've taken 4 or 5 ACS lovely finals...

I really don't feel like I know all of it very well, but yesterday my Chem professor offered me to be a tutor in the Fall! I'm still in shock! I had a Chem tutor every single week this semester; and this guy knows EVERYTHING! I'm very honored by her job offer, but there's no way I'll take the job.

Good luck with your ACS final in June. The night before my exam I found a website with 1 yr old ACS finals. It's free and I printed it one version and worked on it for 1 hr. When I took my exam the following morning I noticed that many questions were about the same. It helped a lot! I don't remember the website now, but if I find it I'll post it for you. It was very helpful.

Dental Mom<br />Determination: You don't know what you can do until you try.<br />Applying this summer<br />Dental school 2010!

More
11 years 5 months ago #30594 by OBRN2MD
Is that an exam that is offered by all universities? I never had to take it (and also was never offered the option).

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

More
11 years 5 months ago #30595 by Empi
I just took it for Organic2 and rockd a 96 which helped my bruised ego in that class. I had a mean professor who would do thigs like take off major exam points for my bad penmanship.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!