× Women Premed Students

Class of 2010 Acceptance Thread

More
14 years 1 week ago #30713 by Doc201X

Originally posted by PremedRN:
I have decided to accept my seat at KCUMB. :D

Congrats on your decision!!! I hear they have a VERY good Pathology dept.

So did you withdraw completely from the allopathic schools on your list?

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #30714 by PremedRN
Yeah, they offer elective EC classes first year and I believe second year--EC is Early Clinical experience and they have one that is forensic pathology (which I am considering to take) and then general pathology, toxicology...but anyway, here's the deal:

I wasn't going to apply to my state MD school b/c of my low MCAT, however, being encouraged by the docs at my hopsital to apply anyway, so I did. But they just sent out my app the beginning of November and I haven't received anything yet. I never really cared and still really don't if I become a DO/MD. It is just instate tuition would be cheaper and more scholarships are available to me. But my chances are really slim to get into Indiana University because not only is my MCAT low, but I applied very late in the cycle. So if I don't get in, oh well. I'm not banking on it, as it stands I plan to attend KCUMB. Im very impressed with KCUMB's systems based curriculum, their pass rate on boards, and their residency match list. I have to put down a 1K deposit by the 15th, so having said all this, I'm still not sure, if accepted into IU (which I don't think I will be), I would attend--it would give me another option--but then Id have to take ochem2 lab over the summer, I don't need it for KCUMB they credit things a bit different.

More
14 years 1 week ago #30715 by Duck
Way to go Premed!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

Duck (Daphne)

More
14 years 1 week ago #30716 by Cabinbuilder
Yes, Kansas City definitely has one of the best path programs. Dr. Friedlander is an awesome teacher if you can get past his quirky psych patient kind of personality. He thinks he is XYY (no kidding) that's why he's kind of on the aggressive side. That said, I totally love his style and his bares bones type of lecture. He comes to LECOM to do the neuro path and did our path review for step I. You should visit his website to see what I mean. His is the most complete. www.pathguy.com

LECOM Class 2006
Osteopathic Family Practice Resdincy 2009
Locum Tenens: Urgent Care/Rural Medicine.

More
14 years 1 week ago #30717 by tara8301
PremedRN -- to answer a question from another post ( Amazingly depressed over you guessed it, physics! ) about where I'll be going to med school -- I'll be going to the Marshall University Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine (yay for med schools named after women!) in Huntington, WV. Congrats on all of your acceptances! :goodvibes:

"Don't judge yourself by somebody else's standards. You will always lose."<br />-Billy Corgan

More
13 years 10 months ago #30718 by merri
Hey guys, this thread has been pretty quiet. I got some good news - I was accepted at Loyola! Chicago is good for my husband's job - so I would be very happy there (minus the weather!). I really enjoyed the school and found everyone to be very nice - genuine. Seemed happy and loved their school. I also have an interview coming up at Irvine..... I'll see how I like it...... received a few more rejections (it's that time of year) - but aren't stinging as much anymore! :p

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!