× Women Premed Students

overwhelmed

More
15 years 2 months ago #30983 by Kimberli Bold
This stress and the long road ahead is what detoured me from my path some 10 years ago... Not again. ;) Anything that detours me now will be something real and external, not getting accepted even after many attempts or an accident :ouch: or something. Sacrifice, well, I have been living that already due to the work I do (not alot of raises etc) and the current student loan debt (undergrad as single mum) - I have THAT to look forward to should I stop. I look at this path and even Resident wages sound good :eek:

I guess for me, the sacrifice is my life force if I don't follow my dreams. I've admitted them to myself and 'owned' them now, to stop would be an internal death I cannot live with, and would be the most miserable parent if I tried. I lived with 2 divorced parents who bemoaned their work and lives and it has an effect on a kid. Not doing that to Miss Mo.

keep on swimming is right. When I get wound up its Crush saying "kill the motor dude" that I hear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #30984 by M-A
I can totally relate! I feel totally stressed out right now. I am working to pay off my huge student loans from College so I can go back to school. I am also an artist and trying to keep up with my art projects.

I feel like the road ahead is long, but not impossible. My friends are very encouraging, and meeting people who have changed their career paths is very encouraging.

Hang in there, it will happen. If you know that this is what you're meant to do, you will do it.

Hope this helps

M-A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!