× Women Premed Students

massive loan problems :-(

More
15 years 3 months ago #33519 by tara8301
I was planning on getting a $30,000 student loan through Bank of America for this upcoming school year to pay for rent, utilities, to buy a car, pay for car/health/renters insurance and basically to become financially independent... sort of. My problem is that I don't have a credit history and need a co-signer, but my parents are flat out refusing to co-sign for me and I don't have any other close relatives to ask. :banghead:

I've done nothing but cry for the last 2 days because I can't figure out what to do. I've looked on the internet for loans that don't need a cosigner, but I haven't found anything yet.

Staying at home isn't an option because I go to college 2 hrs. from my house, and my parents are emotionally, mentally, and sometimes physically abusive and I absolutly cannot handle that anymore. 21 years has been enough! :yikes:

I basically have a house to rent with some friends, but my parents won't let me use their car if I live off campus, which is why I need a car. And then I'd have to pay for insurance. And I can't afford to live on campus -- it's about $9000 for room/board and I figured it would be close to $4000 for rent/groceries/utilities.

Sorry if I sound crazy or if I'm rambling, but I'm at my wit's end... Help.... :weeping:

"Don't judge yourself by somebody else's standards. You will always lose."<br />-Billy Corgan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 months ago #33520 by MTaylor
Did you try the financial aid office at the school?

<a href=" www.coilyembrace.com " rel="nofollow" target="_blank"> www.coilyembrace.com </a>

More
15 years 3 months ago #33521 by zetanursee
Try Access loans. They are pretty good.

More
15 years 3 months ago #33522 by EKM
Ya know, hang in there. I didn't go to college right out of high school, because I had NO family support. My parents and I didn't get along at ALL back then. So I went on to marry at 18 :crossfingers: Erin

More
15 years 3 months ago #33523 by blt
Did you fill out your FAFSA and talk to your school financial aid office? As I recall, it's pretty tough to show that you're financially independent from your parents on your FAFSA, but maybe a financial aid counselor at your school can help.

I don't know much about the whole process. My dad filled out the FAFSA, my school sent me a financial aid package to cover the costs of school and living expenses (scholarships, grants, various types of loans) and I signed the paperwork and the money just magically appeared. Or so it seemed until I had to go to my loan exit information session. :yikes: Eeek! Ah...4 years at a private school.

More
15 years 3 months ago #33524 by Allison
ok, i think that 30 000 is a pretty crazy amount of money to try to borrow for a year of school, it seems a little excessive, but im not in your shoes. I know FOR A FACT that kids live on campus and pay for school/ living expensives with only the basic 8000- 9000 a year stafford loans they get from school and a part time weekend job.
i think taking out such a loan is more unreasonable than trying to do this.if transportation is a problem, get a job on campus.
good luck....i know this is hard, i have loans out the butt hahaha im getting burried to the tune of 9, 000 a year stafford style.
Allison

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing." Albert Einstein

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!