× Women Premed Students

wondering if there is still hope

More
16 years 7 months ago #33878 by tammy
I am taking Gen Chem 2 and not doing as well as I need to be. I got an A in the first part, but have a C now. The class average on our two tests were a (60%) and a (52%). My prof said there are still over 300 points available. I am studying really hard. Is it okay to get Bs in some of your science classes? I am used to getting As, but it has been a long time since I have had chemistry...any advice on studying tips, encouragement...thanks! tammy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #33879 by spacecadet
Sounds to me like the prof is not teaching it very well if the averages are so low. Of course, there's nothing you can do about that except study on your own.

It's definitely ok to get some B's. Don't let it freak you out. It's even ok to get a few C's, but I wouldn't recommend it as a habit. :)

Pam

More
16 years 7 months ago #33880 by UCLABruin
Getting a B isn't the end of the world. I have gotten a few myself (in general chem). Don't worry about it. BTW, low averages don't necessarily mean that the professor is a lousy teacher. Often, I have a good teacher who just gives hard tests. The best teacher I ever would always have a 60-65% average on each test. Hopefully your professor curves! ;)

More
16 years 7 months ago #33881 by tammy
Thanks for the encouragement. No, no curving. She says it puts students at competition with one another for grades. Fortunately, though, they have kind of a weird grading system where what is usually a C is a B so that 60 is actually a C-. Anyways, I am doing okay come to find out!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!