× Women Premed Students

checking it off the list

More
11 years 6 months ago #35009 by VThopeful
It's the end of the spring semester. I just finished second semester BIO and Physics. On top of that (not academic, but personal) I am finally walking unsupported after breaking my leg February 1st. Every step counts, literally and figuratively. What prerequisites or other hurdles are you checking off your list? What are you most proud of accomplishing at this point?

"Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #35010 by CFMed
I am just finishing up a full year of Organic Chemistry and Biology. This marks the end of the bulk of my pre-reqs and the final ramp-up to applications (next spring).

Mostly I am proud of getting through OChem. I'm glad your leg is better, that is great. :)

More
11 years 6 months ago #35011 by premed mom
I also just finished Ochem! It was stressful, and I didn't do as well as I would have liked...but I did it! It's very exciting telling people that..hehe

"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." -H. Thurman

More
11 years 5 months ago #35012 by OBRN2MD
I'm happt that at least I tried, no matter how this turns out!

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

More
11 years 5 months ago #35013 by Empi
I just got done a year of Ochem as well, didn't do as well as I wanted.

I got a B and B-. The B- was largely due to a prof who seemed antagonistic toward female students. Oh well, I got a 96 in the ACS final (5th in two classes.) so that wasn't so bad.

I'm sincerely glad it's over. Now, all the prerequisites I have left to satisfy is two semesters of Physics. Yes, I'm refreshing my Algebra and Trig over the summer.

More
11 years 5 months ago #35014 by dancerdoctor
I am 7 years into a double major (BS in Systems Physiology and BFA in Dance) and just finished a 46 unit busy year of mostly Bio. and some dance (Cell, Plant & Animal Bio., Advanced Anatomy, Physics..)- Just about to check Inorganic Chem off the list this summer (intensive 9 week course) :o (WHEW!!)
**CONGRATZ to all-It is so great to hear people say they made it through OCHEM-gives me hope for next year!!

?Any tips for a future OCHEM student?

->Glad to hear the leg is all better VThopeful- what a horrible thing to happen! :(

Ginger Rogers did everything that Fred Astaire did. She just did it backwards and in high heels.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!