× Women Premed Students

Not taking a full load.....

More
14 years 9 months ago #35197 by MD4me
I had registered for 10 units. One of my classes has been cancelled and now I am down to 2 classes. How important is a full time class load look?

Thanks so much
Michelle

Michelle<br /><br />"Becoming a Doctor will complete my lifelong dream!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #35198 by fearlessphoenix
I don't think it truly matters how "it looks" to anyone. The only complication I could forsee is financial aid getting messed up somehow and would speak to your financial aid counselor about this development to make sure you aren't unduly penalized for something you had no control over. This advice of course is based on the assumption you are recieving financial aid if not disregard.

However, have been watching alot of Good Morning America, how are you doing with all of that weather in your neck of the woods? Hope you are OK and safe

Kristi in Kansas City

More
14 years 9 months ago #35199 by Duck
If you need to carry a full load of classes because of financial aid, you do need to get to the financial aid asap. Also, make certain that you do extremely well (grades) in your classes... whether it be a full or partial schedule. In the end, medical school administrators will look at your grades and course selection. Good luck :crossfingers:

Duck

More
14 years 9 months ago #35200 by Cabinbuilder
A full load of classes is not that important if you are holding a job and have other responsibilities. However, if you only take a few classes to do better grade wise and do nothing else, that is not looked upon favorably. The reason being is that medical school is 35+ credits a semester and its sink or swim. There is no option of dropping a class. so if you have never done a full load or the equivalent as stated above, then you will not be looked upon as one who can handle the load even if you got A's, because anyone can get A's if that's the only class they take. One light semester though will not change the scheme for you, its only if a pattern begins and you never have a full plate.

LECOM Class 2006
Osteopathic Family Practice Resdincy 2009
Locum Tenens: Urgent Care/Rural Medicine.

More
14 years 9 months ago #35201 by MD4me
Thank you for the advice. :) I do not have to worry with financial aid. I am working, so need to take a lighter load. My class canceled due to the teacher having some problems.

Thanks so much! I feel better.

Michell

Michelle<br /><br />"Becoming a Doctor will complete my lifelong dream!"

More
14 years 9 months ago #35202 by Duck
Hi All:

My reply was not meant to UNDERSTATE the importance of a full class load, nor support routine light schedules :wave:

Duck (Daphne)

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!