× Women Premed Students

Not taking a full load.....

More
14 years 9 months ago #35203 by bjj
I haven't taken a full load since I had our second child and it wasn't a problem for the Admissions Committee. It's really hard when you have kids to schedule a full load with labs taking up so much time and only counting for one credit. I also believe that it's the grades you get that matter the most - as long as they see that you weren't taking a full load just because of laziness or becase you couldn't handle it. If you're only going part time, but also being mom, wife, volunteering now and then, etc., etc., then I don't think it will hurt you at all.

(Medical school is going to be a rude awakening for me after all this part time business... :yes: )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #35204 by lori
Just thought I'd throw my :twocents: here. I didn't take a full load when I went back to get my pre-reqs to get into med school (bacc in PS and CJ). The admissions committee actually asked me how I owuld be able to "make the transition from part-time student" to "full-time med student". I explained to them I worked full-time and maintained a household and took care of my son. I said that med school would become my "new full-time job" and would handle it fine. Guess they like my answer cuz I got my acceptance letter!

Quick piece of advice-- as the above posters stated, be sure to get the best grades possible if going part-time. That is really important. Hope this helps! :)

"Cure sometimes, Care always" <br />Dr. Robert Fogel. <br />"Go confidently in the direction of your dream. Live the life you have imagined". HD Thoreau

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!