× Women Premed Students

What time do you study?

More
10 years 7 months ago #36084 by rollcoaster
Last year, studying at night time was working but now all i want to do is sleep. I am going to try to stick to my during the day scheldule. I think i need some vitamins b/c i be so tried after class all i want to do is take a nap:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #36085 by DR.2B
Hello everyone, well I study whenever I can, and now that I'm pregnant it's more difficult since all I want to do is hybernate =) I work M-F 40 sometimes more hrs per week, and then go to school at night and believe it or not, during my lunch break. I found that studying at least 1-2hrs a night, makes a huge difference, that way I don't crash the night prior to an exam. Also on the weekends, my husband will take care of our daughter, and I will head out to Borders or Barnes and Nobles and study anywhere between 11am - 5pm or I will go from 3pm - 9pm. I've been greateful that my mom helps me on Sunday night's (I will drop my daughter to spend the night at my mom's) and will study from 5:30pm - 10pm. I agree with one of the postings above that studying 30 minutes - 45 minutes with at least 10 - 15 minute break makes you retain information. It is also proven that if you review your notes/chapter that was just discussed in your lecture class within 24 hrs you will remember, but in order for it to become part of you, you should repeat it again within 48 hrs. I'm sure there are thousand's of you in my situation and I admire all of you. Reading your posts it feels like each one of you has a part of my life.

More
10 years 1 month ago #36086 by mommd2b
Count me in as a night time studier. During the day, I have so much going on with the kids that I just have to use the nights. I prefer late nights when the house is quiet. Too bad I have to get up early to get kids out the door the next day! LOL

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.

More
9 years 10 months ago #36087 by EternalOptimist
My husband is on summer break from school, so we split the day into shifts. I get 2 mornings and 3 afternoons to go to class and study. It isn't much, but I'm lucky he's willing to watch the kids half the time. A lot of my neighbors have all or most of the childcare and the husbands spend most of their time on campus.

More
9 years 10 months ago #36088 by kpzr/9145
I used to get up at 4 am and study for four hours before leaving for class. After class, I worked out, came home and had dinner and WENT TO BED. This was before kids but I was so alert in the mornings and once I got used to it, it was GREAT. I believe I was very efficient during this time and this was why I did so well in medical school.

kpzr

More
9 years 7 months ago #36089 by Backatit
I have not quite figured it out yet. I am just now getting back into it. Weekends and evenings, I guess. I find myself starting at 8:30pm and studying, doing homework until 1am ish and then I sleep until 7am - which is not enough time, but I get girls in bed by 8:30 ish.

Ai vey, I hope I get this figured out.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!