× Women Premed Students

Do any of you feel that you take..

More
15 years 11 months ago #36249 by shellbell
Do you ever feel you take 1 step closer to having your dream come true and BAMMMMMM, you are moved back 3 steps? :rotfl: I will be a doctor someday and a great one at that! I have to tell myself this often to keep me motivated.

Michelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 11 months ago #36250 by Doc201X
I certainily felt this way for the past week. What I've found is that I need to stop asking advice from so calleed "professionals" if the plan I'm currently in is a good one (having already had it approved by many supportive folks). Eventually, I'll get the MD/PhD so from now on I'm keeping to myself my exact plans for getting there. :)

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

More
15 years 11 months ago #36251 by tammy
I understand!!! Hang in there! Right now, I am taking time off school. My hubby has been laid off from a very good job for about 5 months now. (He has a possible job offer right now...we are praying!!) So, yes, I know what it feels like to be so close yet so far away from your dreams. I need to take OChem 1 and 2 and also Physics 1 and 2 and of course study for the MCAT. I have an almost 6 year old daughter and despite my husband being laid off, we are trying for another child...so anyways, how do I cope with it? I try to stay focused.I really believe that if it is meant to be, then one day it will. I pray a lot, too, that really helps me to stay grounded and sane! So, take a deep breath, do your best, and find some time to relax over the holidays.. (I know wishful thinking but..)!! Good luck on your journey!!!

More
15 years 11 months ago #36252 by PremedRN
Michelle,
Sometimes those few steps back are the biggest leaps in one's life. Everyone feels discouraged from time to time, the obstacles each of us in life overcomes, makes us stronger person(s).
Keep your head up, and keep moving on girl!

More
15 years 11 months ago #36253 by DrWuStar*
i don't necessarily feel that i ever move backwards, but i have often felt really disouraged by the fact that for years i've been putting all this energy out in order to make this dream come true, and never really feel like it comes back to me... i feel depleted. maybe it is the same thing, just described differently. it gets really exhausting and can start to feel like i'm running towards the light at the end of the tunnel and it never gets any closer. and i don't even have kids, so i'm sure i shouldn't complain cause many of you have it harder than me. but the good news is that even when it doesn't feel like it, you ARE getting closer and closer to the light, and all the energy you put out in the world does come back to reward you. when i opened my acceptance letter, it just rushed over me... thank god i worked that hard and didn't give up. it is all worth it. ;)

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!