× Women Premed Students

How old are you?

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #38895 by sallyglass
I'm 24. I hope to be entering med school in fall of 2008, and to have two kids and finish my prereqs before then.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #38896 by Dr.cshelz
Happy Birthday V-tach!!

I am 33 and only a sophmore :scratchchin: :weeping: :)
We have an 8,6,and 2 1/2 year old. I don't feel so old. :p

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #38897 by RitaHayworth
I'm 35 and will be done with prereqs in summer 2006, but have to wait till 2007 for matriculation, provided I've been accepted ('ll be 38-yikes!). Because I already have a degree, I have to complete all of my chem/physics to take the MCAT and will have to wait an entire year, even though I will have everything complete. I'll take extra courses, but its a whole year basically spinning my wheels :ouch:

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #38898 by OBRN2MD
I'm 35 with four kids (boy,10; boy, 7; girl, 6; girl 4). I am just starting my undergrad in January and plan for Med School Fall 2009.

I feel a little intimidated by youth and realize that there are certain specialties that I feel I should not attempt (i.e. surgery) due to age. However, I also feel that in many cases I will have an advantage over my younger counterparts as I have definitely LIVED all those years and grown as a result.

People are generally living so much longer these days than 50 years ago, even. Doctors, depending on the specialty, can work well into their 70's and 80's (I know a few :) ). IMHO, I don't feel like age should ever be a negative because everyone has something to offer to the profession (young and old).

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #38899 by shaina
I am 28, working on my pre-reqs. Want to start school by atleast 2007. Also working on getting pregnant with no success so far :weeping:

any suggestions??

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #38900 by BJS55
I'm 25 with a 6, 4, and 3 year old. Hope to enter med school at age 30. I'm almost finished with my MBA (this summer). I think people who wait until 30+ to enter, they can bring more experience to the table.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!