× Women Premed Students

Very discouraged...

More
15 years 5 months ago #39867 by StartingOver
Dear M-A,
Sorry you're feeling discouraged. I think we all do sometimes. I have faith in you that you can do it, and I think at 29, you're young and have a lot of time left. ;) I'm also 29.

I do think it's a little harder for non-traditional students who may also be carrying debt from undergrad (if they're in a post-bac program or putting themselves through school), and also caring for a spouse and/or children, but it's definately doable. If you need some insipiration, check out OldPreMeds ( www.oldpremeds.org ) and you'll see people in similiar circumstances who've made it to medical school.

Hopefully that will be us someday! Hang in there girl!

Love,
Stacy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #39868 by PremedRN
M-A,
I think we all can relate to all these obstacles, but just know that everything you are going through is making you a stronger person, even though sometimes you feel so vulnerable---like breaking down. How much school loans do you need to pay? Im asking so maybe I can be of some help (no, Im not a millionare darn it!!!). I am devising a plan for myself right now, it doesnt really involve school loans, but other debt. I feel soo much better now that Im doing something about it. Im taking action!! :yes: What is your exact situation with the student loans? I know you've talked about this before. Refamiliarize me.

More
15 years 5 months ago #39869 by dona
I understand your frustrations, I too am 29 and have a debt of over $40 thousand dollars and family responsibilities were others rely on me financially. Which makes all my decisions difficult. So I just want to say hang in there and try your best. I don't know whether this would be any help but check with Ryerson University as they offers a long distance courses that are equivalent to high school ones.

All the best and thank you for your reply and encouragement. I too live in Toronto, if you ever want to talk drop me a line.

More
15 years 5 months ago #39870 by Duck
Dear M-A:

I know that things will get better for you. I never understood that when we fall down...and we most certainly will...that we have to dust ourselves off and keeping on moving :) This is what I told my fifth graders in the past.

I have had the month from hell, right up to today at 5 p.m. :scratchchin: Thanks to a loan from this relative, I will be taking a class this summer.

I still don't have answers for the other stuff, but I will remember to practice what I preach ;)

Duck

More
15 years 5 months ago #39871 by Doc201X
Group Hug for EVERYBODY!!!! :grouphug:

My Scientist/Physician Journey
www.Doc201X.blogspot.com

More
15 years 5 months ago #39872 by doc dredloc 2b
I know how you feel M-A. I have been struggling for the past two semesters with chemistry. It seems like that :censored: class will be the certain death bell for my medical aspirations. I'm not even sure if I want to even do this anymore. I just recently started a new job and it's not in the health care field. I don't even know where to begin to find the inspiration to continue.

Judging from my less than stellar post-bacc performance, I'm seriously thinking about just pursuing PA school. Although my heart is really in becoming an oncologists with a sub specialty in gynecological oncology, I just don't know if I'll ever have what it takes.

I'm pulling my dreds out.....I need a reality, get-a-hold-of-yourself slap. :yikes:

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!