× Women Premed Students

Very discouraged...

More
15 years 5 months ago #39861 by CaLiGirL:)
MA, so sorry about your situation. Although you may feel that time is running out at the age of 29, it's not! So many others here would be willing to tell you the same thing. Just know that when trying to get into a field with this kind of magnitude, or persuing ANYTHING for that matter, you will undoubtedly come across very difficult obstacles. These are one of them... stay strong, and if you have to, take it slowly. Either way, you will get there... allow yourself to believe that at this point, time is not an issue. I say this b/c your circumstances are clearly different from the traditional pre-med student, so you have to treat your circumstances accordingly. You will get over this, and when you do... your edges will have smoothed out alot... meaning, you'll be that much stronger.

I'll have my fingers crossed for you, and the very best of luck to you. Hang in there! :grouphug:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago #39862 by M-A
I think I should try one of the community colleges for an online class. I was taking it with the local Public School Board, big mistake! They won't refund my tuition either... :mad:

Thanks for the encouragement folks. It really does help. I am going to try to figure out what to do now....

M-A

More
15 years 5 months ago #39863 by Marilyn
M-A almost all community colleges offer "remidial" classes in all basic classes, I don't see *any* reason you should have to take classes through the local public schools at all. People go to CC with NO high school or GED diploma at all, they are the college for the people basically.

Good luck and don't give up!! It's ok to get discouraged and bummed out at times, we all do, but don't let that stop you!

Marilyn

More
15 years 5 months ago #39864 by Eli
I know I shouldn't be happy when I read the posts above...I'm not happy with the content, but I'm happy I'm not alone. I'm 30y/o, happily married, 2 daughters, a terrible U/G record and the same goal we all have. I feel I 've been trying for so long to get there, and there is always a wall :banghead: I come to meet. It's been a long road but I've managed to go over these walls. Like you I often wonder if its all worth it, and I pray for a break, or a sign that will help me make the right decision. Now I seek confort in you, and offer the same back.

"The strength of our present state of mind will always be the master of our destiny" Bhante Wimala

More
15 years 5 months ago #39865 by M-A
One thing positive I can say is that my boyfriend is extremely supportive and encouragin. When I lose sight of my goals, he reminds me that it CAN be done. I'm hoping that it won't be years before I can try! I will keep you posted with my progress.

Eli, where are you at now?

M-A

More
15 years 5 months ago #39866 by Eli
I attended a summer program at the medical school I want to get in last year and made a bunch of good connections with the admit. com. They asked me to keep in touch with them to see where I'm at. Because of tmy discraseful U/G record, they advised me to take about 4 graduate level courses (from a good univers.) to proove to them that I am serious and that I am capable of good grades, so that's what I'm doing right now. I plan to take the April (Aug. if it doesn't go well)MCAT. I was even contemplating in taking a masters degree in physician assistant, but they said there was no need for all that. We will see how well this works :crossfingers: I don't know anymore...I'm down today :( , my daughter has 103 temp for about 3 days, its some kind of rash virus or something. Sorry.

"The strength of our present state of mind will always be the master of our destiny" Bhante Wimala

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!