× Women Premed Students

What is YOUR reason?

More
11 years 5 months ago #40742 by angelfire_x
Thanks for replying. You all had good reasons. I was in labs this past semester and I asked this one guy why he wanted to be a doctor he said "Oh, that's simple....FOR THE MONEY!" I was in shock.

<span style="color: purple"><span style="font-style: italic">Angelfire_x <br />~God is greater than any problem that U have~ <br />~If U can't change the people around U, then change the people around U~<br />~U R 2day where UR thoughts have brought U; U will be 2morrow where UR thoughts take...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #40743 by CFMed
That guy's an idiot. There are much faster ways to make better money with much fewer loans involved.

More
11 years 5 months ago #40744 by texas40chickmd
I became a biology teacher instead of a doctor when people around me convinced me that being a doctor was not the right profession for a wife and mother. Like several of you, I became a mother very early and didn't have the moral support to follow my dream. However, I never stopped envying the people wearing scrubs at 11:00 PM in the grocery store. :D

I let go of my dream, put my head down, and forged ahead. One divorce, another marriage, 3 children and 2 careers later, I've never stopped the dream.

I'm hoping to practice developmental pedicatrics - working with children and families dealing with ADD, Autism, and other developmental issues that are both physical and behavioral. There is only one in San Antonio, and my youngest daughter is in her care.

I want put my analysis and people management skills to work to bring solutions to a group of people who hurt every day living with these issues. :wave:

Keeping my eye on the prize!

More
11 years 5 months ago #40745 by Empi
Whenever I'm tempted to settle for something else, it's always something else.

Whenever I'm encouraged to follow my heart and/or dreams, it's always my dream.

More
11 years 5 months ago #40746 by txmom2008
I had a baby as a teenager and thought I had ruined my life, so I stayed away from pursuing my seed of a dream to be a doctor. As the desire grew stronger, then my excuse was "I'm too old." When the desire grew ever stronger, my excuse was "I'm not smart enough." Over the course of several years/excuses, the desire to be a doctor always returned, stronger than ever. Once I decided to do it, I felt the most happy and peaceful feeling. I honestly can't think of anything I'd rather do more. I believe it's truly a calling for me (due to the fact that this calling wouldn't leave me alone or let me have any peace until I gave into it!)

More
11 years 4 months ago #40747 by HandsMD
I was 9 years old when I saw my first baby born, and ever since then I've wanted to be an OB/GYN. As I've grown I made decisions that I thought would suit me in lieu of, however the passion hasnt left me. Now that I am 27 and expecting a baby of my own, I realize now that one of the best things I can show my baby is what happiness looks like when you achieve a goal, and how hard work pays off. I love medicine, and the idea that a machine will never replace me, and that I can have an impact in the lives of others. My nickname of Hands comes from me always having exceptionally large hands for a female, my aunt has called me that since birth. I think there is a reason for it ;)A doc is the only thing I want to be.

I will not be content until there is an MD after my name,but first my baby in my arms!

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!