× Women Premed Students

AMCAS

More
17 years 1 week ago #40770 by littleMD
Hi all,

Is anyone presently filling out the AMCAS or has already completed it? I am finishing up my personal statement and still need to put in all my extra curriculars. Any advise? I feel a bit behind in the process, but I'm hoping that is not the case.

What is a good timeline of when things need to be completed by,... ie., AMCAS, letters of rec, 2ndaries, etc. THANKS!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 week ago #40771 by MelissaGray
You're still OK on time for completing AMCAS. :D Most med schools don't start looking at the new applicants until they completely fill and finalize the current one (usually in August...around the first day of orientation).

That said, you do still want to get it done as soon as you can. You should already have requested any transcripts that need to be sent.

As far as secondaries and LORs go, some schools (usually your state schools) will send you a secondary if you call them. Others make you wait. It never hurts to call the admissions office and see if they will send you one. The LORs usually are done around the time of the secondary apps (you can again check with the schools), but you should get them lined up soon. Some undergrad programs have committees that write the letters, others have you pick profs to write them. You'll probably also need a letter from a physician.

The entire application process is a bunch of hurry-up-and-wait :rolleyes: , so try not to get frustrated.

More
17 years 1 week ago #40772 by AnotherJen
Hi LittleMD,
I hope to click off my AMCAS application in just a few minutes. It's a weirdly nerverwracking process, isn't it. I was all set to be super early with the whole thing and then a few days ago I realized it was July and I still hadn't done it... but it still is relatively early...

Good luck with it!

More
17 years 1 week ago #40773 by littleMD
Thanks so much DrMom and AnotherJen! I really appreciate the advise.

I definitely still need to polish up my personal statement, need to get people to read it and get some advise,... Then its just filling out a few more things and sending it! The whole process is almost surreal,... all our hopes and dreams, being filled out on the web?!

More
17 years 1 week ago #40774 by Mary B-B ToBeDoc
Hi! I just sent my AMCAS app in earlier this week...it does take real time to fill out, even with a direct connection. But IT'S DONE...now more MCAT prep...good luck to everyone here!

Mary :cool:

More
17 years 5 days ago #40775 by EemaMD
Awww y'all are so lucky to have it online...

I feel like an old fart already, but I had to rent a typewriter for three months so I could type my AMCAS application and fill out my secondaries.

So it could be worse - ;)

Now take a breath, because before you know it, the secondaries will be on their way!

Best of luck!!!

Linda

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!