× Women Premed Students

AMCAS

More
15 years 9 months ago #40776 by spacecadet
Well Emma, I wouldn't say we were lucky last year! When AMCAS went online it was a huge mess. Thank goodness they seem to have their act together this year!

LittleMD, you are definitely not too late, but the sooner you get your application in the better. Of course, you want it to be as good as possible too. Now is an excellent time to start asking people for letters of recommendation. Although you won't need them until your secondaries come, you can at least find out who is willing to write one for you. Make sure they know that you need a really strong letter, and always give them an "out" if they aren't comfortable writing a really strong letter.

Pam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #87944 by EMSArtist
I am looking at the amcas application, and I keep popping up with strange questions... Like "if I Ttended a school for one semester in 2005 and then again in 2012/2013 for 2 classes do I put the start/end dates as those dates or do I separate them out?" And "Do I include my not-for-college-credit EMT-I course? And if so how?"
Frustrating!

More
5 years 3 months ago #87955 by southernmd
I separated them out. Yes. List the EMT course as noncredit. List everything. They will decide what means anything to them.

I am on the adcom interview committee at my school, and all we see are the lists of what you've attended. It doesn't make a difference how many times School X shows up - we can see what you took and when it it is fine. It's nice to know you took an EMT course also.

It is not a fun application. Just get it done! Best of luck!

More
10 months 3 weeks ago #96913 by a_v
I wanted to pass along this great AMCAS resource I stumbled upon:

mdadmit-academy.teachable.com/p/complete-amcas-course

Its an online "course" (read: can do after the kids are asleep) that walks you through the AMCAS application. I did some research and Dr. Miller specializes in working with non-traditional students so it was incredibly helpful in figuring out how to account for my depth of experience, etc on the application.

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!