× Women Residents

ER rotation

More
5 years 11 months ago #91309 by lyn2006
How is your relationship with your FM PD? Can you broach the topic just to see his/her thoughts and how supportive the program might be? They might be able to talk to the EM PD also. I think PDs should be supportive of questioning residents because lots of people switch fields and PDs should want their residents to be happy… but I guess I could be wrong about all of that!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #91310 by niash
My relationship with my PD is good. Never had any issues. She seems to be nice and never was critical. That said, I am still fairly new in the residency and I don't know how receptive they would be to this...

More
5 years 11 months ago #91323 by niash
Update- met with my advisor and she enouraged me to talk to the PD. I did and she basically said I may not be a competitive candidate for EM and said I should think about incorporating EM into my FM curriculum. Also said that I would have to resign first if I want to make the move this year. She thought it would be a good idea for me to complete the internship year in FM one way or the other. If I complete the internship year, then I could potentially start over again by participating in the 2014 NRMP match.

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!