× Women Residents

Didn't match..need mentor and guidance..pleaseee

More
2 years 8 months ago #96365 by nisha
hello all the moms and women..I didn't match..can someone please be my mentor and give me guidance..I have been really depressed over the past week,..
Need help
Thanks a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #96376 by orthomomma
Can you give some more specifics on your situation and who you are? What did you try and match in? Why do you think it didn't work out?

I think you will find a lot of people willing to help out, but it's hard to volunteer yourself to be a "mentor" if you don't know anything about the situation. Give a few more details and you will get a lot of guidance.

More
2 years 8 months ago #96377 by nisha
Thank you so much for replying me back.
I tried for family medicine and internal medicine..
My scores are not so good and plus I have an attempt.I was a very bright medical student in my medical school but during my Ck my real uncle whom I was very close to died and I couldn't focus.I shouldn't have given the exam but just wanted to get done with it,gave the exam and failed..I gave the exam second time and passed thankfully to God..I think thats my biggest red flag.
I have done research but dont have any significant publications.I have USCE also but will be doing more now..
I am an IMG requiring visa...I also applied very late and I think that didnt work out ..
Please do help as residency is very important for me..I really need to make my family proud ,I know I can be a good doctor as scores are not everything and I am a horrible testtaker.
Thanks a lot

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!