× Women Residents

It's July - new residents intro

More
12 years 3 months ago #53437 by EemaMD
It is July again, and though I am now no longer a resident (yeah!) I certainly don't feel like an attending! I'm definitely feeling a lot of the nervousness I first felt 4 yrs ago as an intern.

So since it is a new year and many of us are in new ventures, I thought I'd throw out an invite for introductions.

As for me, I just completed my OB/Gyn residency 3 wks ago and took my written boards almost 2 wks ago. I am married to a general surgeon (for 16 yrs) and have 2 sons, ages 13 and 8. We're moving this week to Maryland where I will start my first attending job on August 1. So while I am technically on vaca this month, it certainly doesn't feel like it. And BTW, did I mention my husband bought our new house without me seeing it?!? (Everytime I think about it I get nauseated).

So that's a bit about me... who else is out there?

Linda

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #53438 by drpurple
Well, I'm a new psych intern, kind of nervous, but glad that at least I finally get to have experience in the field I've been interested in for so long. It is weird getting used to a new hospital and a new home. I'm married, no kids yet but we can't wait to get started. Thanks for starting this.

More
12 years 3 months ago #53439 by residentmom
I guess I am now a residency forum graduate, too! Starting my first job next week in private practice FP. Moved to a new state to join my husband, who is an anesthesia resident. We have 3 kids under 5. :eek:
Welcome to the new forum members, and congrats on your residency!

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

More
12 years 3 months ago #53440 by lori
I'll bite! New FP intern here and feel COMPLETELY CLUELESS! Have been doing inpatient for an entire week and I swear, I still don't know how I got here! Sometimes I feel like a sham!

I did get the residency of my choice in Georgia in a military residency program and am I sooooo excited about it!

I am married to a carpenter/contractor and have one son! I cannot believe residency is here already! It seems like just yesterday that medical school was just a twinkle in my eye!

Talk to you all soon!

"Cure sometimes, Care always" <br />Dr. Robert Fogel. <br />"Go confidently in the direction of your dream. Live the life you have imagined". HD Thoreau

More
12 years 2 months ago #53441 by ellie
Congratulations everyone!
Best wishes.
As far as feeling clueless...soooooo normal. I remember getting a call for a Tylenol order on my first call night and having to look up the dose, lol. I felt terrified!
Peace
Ellie

More
12 years 2 months ago #53442 by berkleyite
I'm a little late (it's august)but I am happy to be a PGY1 in pathology! YAY! it is going well so far but I guess i thought it would be more of a job and less like school but they still treat us like grade school students which has me bummed a bit. I think I am tired of that. other than that , i am really enjoying it!

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!