× Women Residents

It's July - new residents intro

More
12 years 1 month ago #53443 by becco
I am in my 4th year of OBGYN residency, and look back with wonder at how much I have learned and how much I have yet to learn (and how much I have forgotten, especially from med school).

You have all come this far, so that must say something! But, this is when it starts getting real. It is an exciting and scary thing all at the same time. I remember crying every night I was on ob call for several weeks, I felt so dumb! Now I can do a stat c-section and get a kid out in less than a minute. What a thrill!

Since residency started my husband has changed jobs twice and I have had a baby. I am a different person from when I started, and it has been an interesting journey.

Learn from everyone. Treat everyone as if they are your mom/dad, sister/brother, etc. We are all human beings, no matter what.

Best of luck to y'all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #53444 by general peds mom
You never know everything, I am still learning things even 6 years past residency--never hesitate to ask questions if you don't know!

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #53445 by mommabella
I'm a pediatrics resident now halfway through intern year - and what a year! Hubby became a stay at home dad for the 2 kids when residency started - quite the adjustment from working full-time! We are working through it though, and loving the adventure. (Most of the time!)
Best wishes to all!
Sarah

"Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much."

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #53446 by twinsmom
I'm a PGY3 derm resident with twins. I can completely empathize with the new interns and their pain. Don't feel silly looking up doses in the middle of the night! (It is the smart thing to do.) Don't let people (nurses) pressure you into feeling like you MUST do something this second! Things can wait a minute while you think things through.
Things are much better this year since I've read the textbooks once before as a 1st yr res.
Thanks everyone - I don't post much, but I appreciate reading everybody's else's!

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!