× Women Residents

We're 1/4 of the way through this year!

More
13 years 2 months ago #53833 by lmck
I find it interesting that the Resident section seems to have the least traffic--my guess is that we're all pretty overwhelmed. I'm procrastinating but just wanted to say that I hope you all are hanging in there. Remember that we're 1/4 of the way through this year already!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #53834 by SurgChick
Haha, it is kind of sad that there aren't more posters here. Oh well. Guess we all work too much, and spend our internet time on SDN. ;) I wish everyone good luck, and energy, chugging through residency! :D

PGY-3, General Surgery

More
13 years 1 month ago #53835 by Cabinbuilder
I'm having a great time here in the sun and surf of south Texas. My kids love it. My call is only q 14 or so. Very realistic. My program is small (only 8 interns) with 4 upper levels. We really have a lot of control and do a lot of stuff unattended. I like it because the attendings are available but you really are running the show in regards to patients. I like it. I haven't been too overwhelmed since the first month. I am still applying to surgery for next year so we shall see how much that changes. But intern year is pretty lax and I don't feel like I am ignoring my kids. I do a 50-60 hour weeks with the occasional 84 when I have a call night.

I hope things are well for everyone else.

LECOM Class 2006
Osteopathic Family Practice Resdincy 2009
Locum Tenens: Urgent Care/Rural Medicine.

Moderators: TexasRoseellieresidentmomefex101
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!