× Thinking of a Becoming a Doctor

36, have PhD, 2 kids, thinking about med school

More
8 years 9 months ago #77347 by residentmom

Emily2651 wrote:

kpzr/9145 wrote: As a half-time employed pediatrician, I do not make any more than the high end salary you quote above.

Holy mole. Seriously?

Me neither. I work 16-20 hours a week and make about as much as a resident. I am not the breadwinner, but the money is not in part-time primary care, let me tell you! :)

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #77348 by residentmom
to the OP- If I already had a degree that had some job choice flexibility, I would be looking for a job I liked better that called for it, rather than a whole new degree-- esp in medicine. Just my 2 cents.

ResidentMom<br /><br />"If you bungle raising your children, I don't think whatever else you do well matters very much." --Jackie O.

More
8 years 9 months ago #77374 by klp

I had an interesting weekend. My 2 year old ended up in the ER with a neck injury - head CT was negative for fracture, but he's seeing the neurosurgeon on Wednesday. He's in a cervical collar, and pretty unhappy. I'm sure he'll be fine, but wow.

I realized that as much as I want to go into medicine, I can't sacrifice the time with my family. It was a very clarifying incident - they are too precious, and only around for a little while. So, I think I'm officially removing med school from my list right now. I say while cringing a little bit.....

Moderators: TexasRoseefex101
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
Find us on Facebook!
Find us on Twitter!
Find us on Pinterest!